Menu

Mother's Day.... any ideas?

What are you all requesting, if anything? So, I thought I'd ask, what are you all requesting?

I am so bad at this, I'm just not good at figuring out what I'd like... I usually say I don't need anything. The kids normally make me something, usually a card, which is what I enjoy most, but I guess DH just wants to do something as well.

I told dh to take the girls to pick out an Essie fingernail polish in a fun color and I will put it on my toes. I really don't need anything and thought this might be fun for the girls. Hoping to have blue or green toenails this time next week...

I request cards/notes from my kids because that is what I really want. Sometimes I request a little gardening or yard work be done for me. Some years "they" (aka dh) take me out to lunch. Last year they (kids only) made me lunch. (I actually don't like to eat out when it's crowded.)

We usually swim in our pool together and cook out. Unfortunately, our pool has turned green since my husband's shoulder surgery. Miss Happy wants to go bowling, but that isn't really a good activity for a guy with one arm.

I decided I'd settle for crawfish, margaritas and a movie.

I already bought myself a present.....well, I'm sure no one would want me to risk being disappointed.

If Dh wants to take the kids to buy me something else, I've indicated that I might like some geraniums to plant in the front flower bed.

My favorite gift is a day to myself the Saturday before Mother's Day. It's only about twice a year that i get an entire day to myself (my birthday and mother's day - both in may!). As an introvert, I REALLY look forward to it! I would prefer that over any other gift!

On the actual day we spend time with extended family.

My Mother's Day gift won't actually be delivered until August (seriously, I really like babies, so another one to cuddle is a pretty good gift in my book), but the only thing I want this year is not to have to do dishes or cook. We might go out to eat, but I don't even care so much what we eat, as long as I'm not in charge of it or the dishes for it.

I thought I was the only one who had trouble. I don't seem to plan ahead. Feeling kind of humbuggish this year.

Me too. I keep forgetting about it. Mother's Day is also my 30th birthday, and I keep forgetting about that too. Brain is leaking.

Listening in for ideas...