Menu

Anyone order from Lively Latin lately?

I placed an order this afternoon for a download. I immediately got an email with procedures to follow, however the registration link is not working. I emailed through the site and haven't heard back, yet. That didn't concern me since I had just emailed this afternoon, and it is Friday until I read on homeschoolreviews that another lady had a similar problem and said the email address is not working. She never got her materials or her money back.

I went to paypal and emailed both of the email addresses that were listed on the invoice, one came right back...the same email that is posted for contacts on the web site.

I am hoping it is just a malfunction of some sore since I have read such great things about Lively Latin and really want to try it.

I ordered last Sunday, and I had access within a couple hours. The videos didn't work for me, and I emailed her. While you get a bounce message, she apparently still gets the email on a different address. She replied to me once. The videos suddenly started working for me last night, so I downloaded them all, just in case! I didn't have any other problems.

She also said she's updating the Moodle system (how she runs her site) in the next few months.

She just emailed me again and had registered me herself. The site is supposed to be working again, too.

I would tell the lady on FB to try contacting her again.

Good to know. I hope they fixed the issue with the videos too.

The auto-link they provide for mailing is wonky, too, which may be an issue they need to resolve. The first few times I emailed there it was returned to me as undeliverable.

I ordered last Sunday, and I had access within a couple hours. The videos didn't work for me, and I emailed her. While you get a bounce message, she apparently still gets the email on a different address. She replied to me once. The videos suddenly started working for me last night, so I downloaded them all, just in case! I didn't have any other problems.

She also said she's updating the Moodle system (how she runs her site) in the next few months.

YAY! I hadn't read far enough to get to your response. So glad the videos are working again. I never thought to download them all. The kids will be grateful not to have me muddle through the lessons.

YAY! I hadn't read far enough to get to your response. So glad the videos are working again. I never thought to download them all. The kids will be grateful not to have me muddle through the lessons.

They are working for me, but I can't guarantee they'll work for you. I had a friend try last night, and they didn't work on any of her computers, but then my dad tried a bit later and they worked. So then I tried at 11pm, realized they worked, and stayed up downloading all of them. :lol:

I use the Firefox plugin "Download Helper". It puts these bubbles in the toolbar, and if I click on that while the video is playing, it downloads the mp4 version.

They are working for me, but I can't guarantee they'll work for you. I had a friend try last night, and they didn't work on any of her computers, but then my dad tried a bit later and they worked. So then I tried at 11pm, realized they worked, and stayed up downloading all of them. :lol:

I use the Firefox plugin "Download Helper". It puts these bubbles in the toolbar, and if I click on that while the video is playing, it downloads the mp4 version.

I need to use that plug-in. Sounds like a good project for a Saturday night.

Okay, so I'm not the only one who can't get the videos to work. I still can't get them to work :(

And I have no idea why they work for some people and not for others. I updated my Flash to the latest version (make sure you've done that), and I used Firefox and Chrome, and nothing worked. Then that night, I tried again, and it worked out of the blue. Looking at other threads on here about this problem, it seems like others have had the same experience - it doesn't work for a while, then one day it starts working, then the next week it stops working. :tongue_smilie:

So keep trying every couple days or so, and if it works, download them all right then and there. ;)

And I have no idea why they work for some people and not for others. I updated my Flash to the latest version (make sure you've done that), and I used Firefox and Chrome, and nothing worked. Then that night, I tried again, and it worked out of the blue. Looking at other threads on here about this problem, it seems like others have had the same experience - it doesn't work for a while, then one day it starts working, then the next week it stops working. :tongue_smilie:

So keep trying every couple days or so, and if it works, download them all right then and there. ;)

Thank you. :) I'll keep trying. I love this program and the addition of the videos has been like a cherry on top!

How are you doing this? I installed download helper, and it does have these rotating multi-colored bubbles in the toolbar, but it doesn't do anything but pull up a list of media helper sites when I click on it.

• 2 months later...

I suppose an email will come later?  I could not register on the site.  I paid but haven't received an email!

I contacted her through a couple of email addresses that were on the details of my paypal transaction.  She contacted me within a few hours and got me all set up.  I downloaded all of the videos the next day since others were having issues with them.

We started this week and really enjoyed the program.

It takes a few hours to get an e-mail. You should be able to register though. I registered before even purchasing. You might try a different browser and see if that works?

We've been using the program for a couple weeks now. We just finished "Lesson 1". My son LOVES the program. :D

It all worked out for me. She set up my account because it wouldn't let me register. I am able to access videos and files. Trying to decide if I should print or upload to notability.

Make sure you look at this thread if you decide to print:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/368529-lively-latin-printing-for-the-obsessive-conservationist/

I used this method and made a single workbook (Proclick bound) with laminated covers for lessons 1-4. I'll do the same for 5-8, 9-12, and 13-16 (need to get cracking, too... We finished lesson 1 faster than I expected!). I put Post-it Flags at each lesson in the various sections (which have a colored paper title page), and I put a color coded schedule at the front with checkboxes. So we just go down the list and do the next thing, finding it in the workbook. It's working well for us so far. I added the flags today. They make it MUCH easier. :) I love those flags!!!

Thanks boscopup! I did see it and wondered "why" I would not just print it all out in one or two lessons per proclick book. Is it because they each become a resource down the road? History, vocab, etc?

Sometimes you need to go back and refer to a lesson or history page or something. I am finding it easier to have them filed in the sections like she recommends. For example, when my son was making the family tree in lesson 1, he needed to go back through each history page to find everyone.