Menu

If you eat Paleo Autoimmune, could you share recipes

walkermamaof4

I'd love to have help compiling a month of meals. I did buy Practical Paleo, but I just can't make myself eat canned salmon. I don't even eat frozen salmon or tuna fish from a can. I need help on breakfast and lunch mostly, but some dinner diversity would be wonderful! Thanks!

Hi,

I don't have recipes to share, but my son is on paleo (for about two years now) to help with severe allergies and fatigue. So, I assume that would be an autoimmune type diet. He has had amazing results. I know that an integral part of that diet is to only eat meat and eggs and vegetables that are grass-fed (for the meat) and organic, at least as much as possible. Do you have access to that? I assume there are many online sites that would have recipes. I know that for breakfast my son eats tons of eggs, with veggies and GF bread that he makes in his bread machine. (There are several good GF bread mixes that he has found, too.)

Sorry, don't have any more info than that!

I guess I should have said why I was asking only about Paleo AIP. DS is allergic to eggs and dairy and has leaky gut. We've done regular paleo without dairy and eggs for a year. But he need the AIP to heal his gut. Thanks. I do like Everyday Paleo. I just hoped some folks here would be doing the AIP and could offer some ideas. AIP is hard bc/ he can't eat nightshades including nightshade spices. That eliminates most of the meals we've enjoyed this year. No dairy, eggs, sugar, grains, nightshades is HARD. I haven't found another healing solution that seems any easier though. GAPS is hard too and immediately introduces eggs and dairy, but he can't eat those.

It does. And right now those are a big part of our paleo diet.

I thought so. I have been thinking about switching from paleo to autoimmune paleo (since I have hashimoto's) but it is so limiting. I have been working my way there. I don't have time right now but I will look through my recipes and see what I can find.

I think the GAPS lady (author) discusses dairy allergies and food allergies in general in her book and gives you alternate routes. Bone broth soups to start with probiotics taken with warm mineral water. Then start adding in foods in the order she has on her website (intro diet). If the patient is allergic to any of those, then skip that one (i.e. don't add it in) - move on to the next one. If the patient's digestion acts up due to anything added in, go back a step. This might mean bone broth soups, probiotics, and ginger tea for a long long time until the intestines are ready for other foods.