Menu

Verizon

Luanne

Has anyone had any experience with Verizon? My parents have had a contract with them for about 9 months now and have had nothing but grief from their phones and the people in the stores don't seem to know anything about anything. My father finally got them to give him a new phone yesterday when his stopped working entirely. He had to get a new number because they didn't know how to let him keep the same one.

I've switched phones a lot (mainly going back to old ones because the other got ruined, usually wet) I've been able to keep my old number every time. I usually skip the store and just call. My experience is the people in the stores are just not as knowledgable. I've had Verizon for almost 6 years. Most of my family has Verizon, and none of us go to the stores, we have learned to just call. It's a lot easier.

That's just ridiculous. Make sure you're going to a real Verizon store and not just an authorized reseller (there's a huge difference in service). Failing that, try online chat or phone support.

Make sure you're going to a real Verizon store and not just an authorized reseller (there's a huge difference in service). Failing that, try online chat or phone support.

This is important. There are flagship stores, run by Verizon, and franchisee stores, run by people that do not always have everything they need to help you. It's difficult to tell the two apart but there should be a small sign on their door/window if they are an authorized dealer. We love Verizon, and have never had any major issues. All the little ones were resolved quickly.

It may have something to do with inadequate training. we've kept our number. dh left verizon for a weekend because he wanted something cheaper. the new provider used the same numbers. as soon as we discovered dh had no cell service in his office (it was a dead zone) with the new provider - he went back to verizon. so, all of three days. he's had the occasional issue with his phone - and they've switched out phones without a problem.