Menu

American Girl Just Like You doll...how much would you sell for?

WagsWife

My daughter is wanting to sell her Just Like You doll. It is in extremely good condition. She also has the stand and four outfits she is willing to sell. I have no idea how much these things go for. I was thinking of putting it on our local FB Yardsale site, and would like to sell it all together. Is $100 too much?

$100 is a great price - I'd start at $150 and go down if needed. I sold a doll with just 1 outfit for $60 at Christmas, without the stand. Only reason I sold it that cheap was I really really really needed the $$$

FYI Ebay will be your best chance at more funds, if you are willing to do it. Depending on what model the doll is {and if it's a discontinued JLY}, they can actually go for MORE than they are new. Ditto for the outfits - if they are discontinued ones like the old soccer outfit or the scout ones, they are worth big bucks.

I don't have one, but I know that I wouldn't pay $100 for one used. Maybe AG dolls hold their value better, but I never pay more than 1/3 original value, even for Playmobil, Plan, or Lego. you could try it at $100 and see if you have any interest. I am on a fb FSOT board and someone recently listed AG twins for $75 and their double stroller and clothes for $75. She ended up consigning it because no one bit. However, there are only 450 people on that board, and millions have access to eBay, so the chances of finding just the right buyer are much better :).

American Girl goes up in value as the dolls become retired. I gave $180 for a Nellie three years ago. We gave $175 for a Mollie with several outfits and her dog last summer (not retired, but this mollie was a Pleasant Co model).

Can you find any like her on eBay? That might give you a starting point. Also, cruise the website to see if the outfits are still being sold. Older outfits, on historical dolls anyway, can go for more. I'd start above my minimum of what is take. Especially on Craigslist.

I looked on eBay and it looked like most of the bidding was from $55-$75. The buy it now were higher. So if you throw in the four outfits, $100 should be right.

:iagree: I think the historical and Girl of the Year dolls often fetch more than the JLY dolls.