Menu

When do you call the rooter?

Jean in Newcastle

We just went through this, and had a plumber out to try to fix the toilet as well he snaked our whole main line drain before declaring the issue was the toilet itself and to replace it.

This was a friday afternoon, and of course, our only bathroom, AND DS was puking into a trashcan int he living room with a rapidly worsenting tummy bug.

Whatever happened was up inside the curve of the base of the toilet and would not come out. I don't what it was, but I am guessing the dogs dropped something in there and all our plunging and snaking made it get even more stuck.

We ended up replacing the toilet, which wasn't too hard to do ourselves, and we were super pleased with the 100 dollar toilet from Lowes. I was NOT going to pay for emergency after hours service for someone to install it for us!

We recent had a toilet that was doing the same thing. Dh took the whole toilet up and discovered that one of those cleaners that hang on the side of the toilet had been flushed and was stopping the whole thing up. Any chance something is stuck in there?

Maybe? We don't use those but it could be something else. Dh has agreed to deal with it when he comes home because I'm out of strength and ideas. And the good chocolate.