Menu

Just a wonderful day!

Live2Ride

Got to sleep in, do a little school with my kids. The weather was absolutely perfect. Hubby helped me move some things outside in preparation to build a couple of obstacles for training my horses. Got to scrapbook a bit. Didn't have to cook meals for anyone! DH took the kids to lunch and a little side trip unbeknownst to me :) while I sat in silence and watched Midwives and scrapbooked a few more pages :hurray:

They came home and were frantic saying a horse was loose in the barn alley. So I run out to check and I see nothing. They played it like they really saw one. I came back and did a little more scrapbooking and DH asked for me to make some cookies...everyone of course then wanted cookies, but I told them I'd make them later because I wanted to head out and work with my horses a bit before it got dark.

So I made a few obstacles and took my new arab Luka over them. We worked for about an hour and he was doing really good when we stopped for the night. I took care of a few more things out there and then headed inside.

Well, my birthday is Sunday and I've been wanting/asking DH if I could get a new saddle for Luka (it would actually fit two of my horses). I have an english saddle that fits him, but it's dd's and I do not like it. We just were going to wait for our tax return to each get something we wanted.

But when I came in, I found a box with Happy Birthday on it, sitting on my chair. I opened it up and inside was a cute little saddle planter container and I got a giggle out of DH saying that he got me my saddle :tongue_smilie: . Of course everyone reminded me that they still wanted cookies, so I got cleaned up and then started back to the kitchen. I opened up the baking cabinet to get supplies to make the cookies they were requesting and an Italian Cream Cake for a crawfish boil tomorrow, and there was a roll of money with a note saying it was for my saddle :). I. AM. SO. EXCITED! That little sidetrip this afternoon was to try and find a little saddle trinket, or thing, to throw me off, lol. The saddle planter had to be brought in so hence the "a horse was in the alleyway mom!" so I'd get out and see while they ran in with it, lol.

I'll have enough for the saddle and bridle that I want :)

I want a pic of the saddle you're getting.

I've actually got two picked out. I love aussie saddles especially for trail riding,but the one I have now only fits my higher whithered horses. I also need a lighter one (plan to start some endurance on my arab). I have a Patrol Poley right now seen here (you can see all three saddles that I'm looking at on that page-just scroll down) , but I'm looking at the Squire Poley or the English Poley Mark II for my next one since they will fit my other two horses better.

Colin (the owner of the saddle company) will fit the saddle to you and the horse. I've already spoken to him and sent in the measurements (a week ago because I wanted him to start looking at them for me) and he recommended those two as ones that will fit best and be lighter than what I have now. I've had my other for almost 5 years and I love it.