Menu

Current (2013) AP Bio study guide?

My DD will be taking the AP Bio exam, but she needs an up-to-date study guide (or other study resource). Her teacher says the test or standards have changed since last year and that she'll need to study using materials published, copyrighted, or updated in 2013 to reflect these changes. I don't know if the changes are specific to my state or otherwise.

Can you recommend an up-to-date book or source for this?

TIA!

ETA: I'm searching around & finding many possibilities. There are books from Princeton Review, Barron's, Kaplan, The Dean's Guide, Cliff Notes, etc. Which is best?

ETA Again: She's currently using Campbell's AP Bio for her main text, if that helps you make a suggestion.

We've been using Pearson Education AP Test Prep AP Biology and like it a lot. ISBN 0321856635

I have also heard that the Cliff's Notes is good, but has not been released yet.

Also, if you haven't found Mr. Anderson yet, you need to check out his you-tube channel.

HTH

Oh, drat! I can't believe it's sold out!

I would try calling Pearson directly. I just fought with their website for a half an hour, and it's not very intuitive. Call them up and see if you can squeeze one out of them! It's less than $15 and really well done.

~J

Well... the course outline has changed. There's a lot of material that used to be covered that isn't required now. There is a much larger emphasis on designing experiments, analyzing data, etc, etc.

We are using Campbell's 8th ed, an older ed. ... and the Pearson study guide to see what we can back off of and what we should hit harder.

Those Bozeman videos linked above go into a bit of detail about the changes.