Menu

JAWM Vent about facebook

Anne in CA

The worst thing about facebook is that your grown children can embarrass themselves completely and they don't know it. ARRGGG. My children who live at home are pretty good about what they post on facebook. A couple of times I had to make my son take things down that were not appropriate, but still, they would be better than my oldest dd who is selling all her possessions one at a time on facebook. She is having a fb garage sale, lol, and it is ridiculous. Used movies, old shoes, all for $1 to $5 on facebook. It would not be so bad, but this is my child who does not like to work for money. She is not actually lazy, she does mountains of volunteer work, but she hates to work for money. She doesn't live in the same state as us, so I would almost never be annoyed by anything she does if it were not for facebook making it plain that once again, dd has been turning down shifts at work and now needs money. She does not see this as an ongoing pattern, lol. There is always a reason why she should not have gone to work, and so now she needs to borrow, sell something, ect.

Can you tell I have a hard time staying out of her business, lol? I know I am the one with the problem. Vent over.

It bugs me when people sell things on FB just because it seems like TMI or something. It's hard to explain. Anyway, I get it. I'm sorry it's uncomfortable for you. I don't have older kids yet but I have had that thought of what it'll be like when they are "out there" in public.

Thanks for commiserating. I would not mind her selling a few useful things. It is old movies with bad cases and scuffed up shoes that are embarrassing me, lol. And yes, I am venting here, not to dh who is on a business trip so not checking facebook very often, or worse dd. I must keep repeating to myself that I do not care what people think about silly stuff.