Menu

Did anyone order from Hewitt Homeschooling 50% off sale

lollie010

I ordered some great resources over the weekend and am/was super excited. On Tues. they still had not billed my card. I called and the representative said that they don't bill until they ship. So yesterday evening I got a notice that my order had shipped. The notification did not include a list of what shipped. My total was over $320 with almost $40 for shipping. But when I check my bank account only about $42 came out. Now I'm bummed. I'm thinking they must have sold out of almost everything, but I would have never paid $40 shipping on a few books. I know I need to just call, but was wondering if anyone else had any issues.

I got an e-mail saying mine shipped but I didn't think to check my account. I should do that. I know they e-mailed a lot of people saying they ran out of the materials. I just looked and only $95 was taken out. My purchase order was $180. Grr, so some materials are missing and I have no idea WHAT. I wish I would have known that, I would have probably changed my order.

Yep. I'm going to be upset because the things I ordered I wanted sets of. One part of the set isn't going to work for me and the shipping was so expensive. And the sale items are non-refundable. They should have had a system in place to prevent. I would have liked the option to cancel my order or have been notified of what items are unavailable. Very disappointed in how it was handled. When I called to check on my order I was told to call back later she couldn't check the status. Oh well!

Well, I ordered 250 worth of math stuff (I was very excited about that), but I received an email the next morning that everything was sold out except for one small book :(

She said that their site doesn't update when items are sold out and that they had an overwhelming response to the sale. She asked whether I still wanted the one item and told me how much shipping would be.

Sigh... I was so excited to buy the next three years of math for two boys for half price... Oh well, maybe next time.

Jodie

Well, I ordered 250 worth of math stuff (I was very excited about that), but I received an email the next morning that everything was sold out except for one small book :(

She said that their site doesn't update when items are sold out and that they had an overwhelming response to the sale. She asked whether I still wanted the one item and told me how much shipping would be.

Sigh... I was so excited to buy the next three years of math for two boys for half price... Oh well, maybe next time.

Jodie

I'm sorry. That stinks. I spent a lot of time compiling my order and researching everything. That's cool that they contacted you though.

I checked my order history on the site and it looks like I got everything I ordered, but I won't know for sure unless I check my credit card statement (or until the box gets here). I didn't order too much of the sale stuff though - four novels needed for next year's history (History Odyssey Early Modern Level 2) and the volumes from Hakim's History of the US that we were missing. I also grabbed Lightning Literature for next year, but that wasn't on sale.

I agree that they need to improve their ordering system to reflect what goes out of stock. It was also odd that the shipment notification doesn't list what items were shipped. I do like this company, but if it proves a big hassle to order from them that really puts me off.

I got my order today. It's missing d'Aulaire's Buffalo Bill, the Real Science 4 Kids Physics teacher's manual and student text, and all of the Chemistry (TM, ST, and Lab). I'm pretty annoyed. I would have at least canceled the Physics lab book they sent me!

Sounds like we ordered the same things!

I checked my order history on the site and it looks like I got everything I ordered, but I won't know for sure unless I check my credit card statement (or until the box gets here). I didn't order too much of the sale stuff though - four novels needed for next year's history (History Odyssey Early Modern Level 2) and the volumes from Hakim's History of the US that we were missing. I also grabbed Lightning Literature for next year, but that wasn't on sale.

I agree that they need to improve their ordering system to reflect what goes out of stock. It was also odd that the shipment notification doesn't list what items were shipped. I do like this company, but if it proves a big hassle to order from them that really puts me off.

Hope you get everything you need. Let us know.

Finally received my order. I got four books out of the 25 that I ordered and paid around 20% shipping. There was one Foster book in the box that was in "used" condition. It has stickers all over it that read "For Display Purposes Only." The pages and corners are bent. I am upset, but since there is a no return policy on the items, I guess I am stuck. But, at least I know that I will not order from them in the future. This one was mishandled all the way. Still hope that others had a better experience.

Ugh. I feel for you. I ordered from them once a few years ago and practically the same thing happened, only my order was smaller. I ended up paying more for shipping than what was actually shipped to me!!

I have not, and will not, order from them again.

I got my order today. It's missing d'Aulaire's Buffalo Bill, the Real Science 4 Kids Physics teacher's manual and student text, and all of the Chemistry (TM, ST, and Lab). I'm pretty annoyed. I would have at least canceled the Physics lab book they sent me!

Which level of Chemistry did you order?

I ordered 43 items and received 30. One was a Beautiful Feet set that I was planning to start with my son this week, but they were out of stock of the study guide and several key books, including the first one (I *think*, since I don't have the study guide!!). I wish they could have let me know in advance so I could have ordered elsewhere and been in time to start this week. Grrr. Two of the books I received were "display copies" with stickers all over them. What is the point of that I wonder? Why ruin perfectly lovely books?

It can't be too difficult in this day and age to have software with inventory counts and out of stock notifications can it?

On the positive side, I got some good deals and the shipping they charged was reasonable. I won't order from Hewitt again in the future, but I am glad to have these lovely books for my new history literature shelf!

We did not use this sale but I splurged big last year and put in a massive (for me) order with postage to Aust. Which hurts.

A woman from Hewitt sent several emails giving me packaging options as she tried to fit the items into cheaper option postage boxes.

I ended up just getting 2/3 of the order in one box.

I was very impressed with the service as she repacked a few times and let me know how much room was left to minimise postage costs.

So it's not all bad.

Sorry this big sale knocked out their system for you. I do understand the 'set' ordering.

I didn't get an email but I did only get half my order. When I contacted customer service they said they had sold out, yada, yada. They need to fix their system. Order confirmation should mean that your order is actually confirmed. Doesn't take that long to automatically check a database to see how many items are left before emailing a confirmation. Anyway, check christianbook.com. I found all the books I'd ordered from Hewitt on their site for similar prices. Searched online and found a free shipping code, too.

I've dealt with Hewitt in the past and they were great. I hate that so many of us had bad experiences 'cause they got overwhelmed by a sale. I will continue to do business with them since I want to encourage stores to have good sales. ;)

Pre-level but I didn't receive it.

Almost all of my d'Aulaire books also had display model stickers all over them and were clearly used.

Ah. I have the one for older kids. I thought I might be able to help. I'm sorry you, and everyone else affected, didn't get all they ordered.

One of the books I ordered way back when also had those stickers on it. It was an icky thing that didn't peel off nicely. I also got a workbook that was all banged up/bent. I know many are happy with the sale, but as I said, I won't be buying from them again.