Menu

Since I cannot access LCHF group, I have a ques. about coconut oil

dancer67

Organic, virgin, cold-pressed coco oil is desirable.

Cutting sugar and processed carbs will be the best remedy for high triglycerides. I don't think coco oil is bad for anyone, unless you are coco allergic.

:iagree: I haven't heard that anyone should avoid it either.

I've been using the Vitacost brand coconut oil. It is extra virgin, organic, and cold-pressed. It is a really good price.

I actually saw this on Vitacost but wasn't sure if it was good. Thanks for letting me know. Besides cooking with it, what else do you use it for?(for eating only)

I usually buy tropical traditions. I usually have a jar of the gold label (coconut flavor) and gallons of the green label (coconut taste removed). I did buy the vitacost brand once. It was fine but I definitely prefer TT.

I use it for just about everything. It makes the best popcorn. I fry eggs in it, use it in baking instead of butter, stir fry. Coconut oil solidifies below 72 degrees. I think it was 72 degrees. In the winter my coconut oil is solid. Once it gets into the 70's it liquifies.

I usually buy tropical traditions. I usually have a jar of the gold label (coconut flavor) and gallons of the green label (coconut taste removed). I did buy the vitacost brand once. It was fine but I definitely prefer TT.

I use it for just about everything. It makes the best popcorn. I fry eggs in it, use it in baking instead of butter, stir fry. Coconut oil solidifies below 72 degrees. I think it was 72 degrees. In the winter my coconut oil is solid. Once it gets into the 70's it liquifies.

Interesting! It keeps for a long time, then?