Menu

LCHF question

Callie

I am eating a general low carb diet along the lines of Taubes. Can someone link me or give me info on what percentages of fat, carb & protein I should be shooting for?

I just started a My Fitness Pal account and would like to track.

I'd be interested in what a variety of others are aiming for.

Also can I change the plan on MFP? They said I should aim for 185 carbs per day.

Thanks

Callie

Depends on your metabolism, how extreme you want to be, the plan you follow...

I started out doing a more strict version, but have settled on a Paleo/Primal plan and follow the "carbohydrate curve" found at www.marksdailyapple.com That would be under 50 for extreme/fast loss, 50-100 grams for effortless weight loss,, 100-150 for maintanence. I found that by raising my carbs up to around 75 a day, give or take, I naturally eat fewer calories and lose better overall. That works out to no grains, no sugar, lots of veggies, and fruit once a day - either berries or half an apple.

Depends on your metabolism, how extreme you want to be, the plan you follow...

I started out doing a more strict version, but have settled on a Paleo/Primal plan and follow the "carbohydrate curve" found at www.marksdailyapple.com That would be under 50 for extreme/fast loss, 50-100 grams for effortless weight loss,, 100-150 for maintanence. I found that by raising my carbs up to around 75 a day, give or take, I naturally eat fewer calories and lose better overall. That works out to no grains, no sugar, lots of veggies, and fruit once a day - either berries or half an apple.

I'm just starting with the Primal outline from Mark's Daily Apple, so I'm glad to hear it is working for someone! I've been doing "low carb" for a while now, and have lost 50 pounds, but it was more of a South Beach low carb. To me, I think the Primal approach is more natural than a diet with low-fat dairy, etc. So 'm eating no grains/beans, lots of veggies, and a little fruit, along with good fats and proteins. So far, so good! And it is the first "diet" I've tried that the whole family is willing to do with me.