Menu

Does this shipping price seem high?

shanvan

I would like to order a book from a small curriculum provider. I think they are the publishers of this book and I have no other way to order except through them. The cheapest shipping option I'm given is UPS Ground and it is something like $10.50. The book itself is $8 and there is a star on the shipping that says handling charges are included in shipping. I have tried to reach the company by phone, but I always get a message.

I can substitute with another book, but I kinda wanted that one. Does the shipping seem high? I'm also concerned about the fact that I can't get anyone to answer the phone. I've been thinking things like, what if they don't have anymore and take forever to issue a refund? Would you just order it and be done with it, or substitute with another book?

Yes, that seems high to me. As for them not answering the phone, if they are a really small company, then maybe they were out, or just really busy? Do they offer email contact? Hmmm, Maybe you should ask here if anyone has done business w/ the company, to see if it's a good idea to order. I don't see anything wrong w/ that, and have done it myself, in fact.

That seems really high and i wouldn't pay it. I always like to ask the name of the book in cases like these. Maybe someone here can help you out.

It is Frankenstein edited by Ben Quine from Cornerstone Curriculum press. I'm sure once I get it, I'll think I didn't really need it and could have easily used another version, which is what I may do anyway. I've looked everywhere and can't find it used.

Yes, that seems high to me. As for them not answering the phone, if they are a really small company, then maybe they were out, or just really busy? Do they offer email contact? Hmmm, Maybe you should ask here if anyone has done business w/ the company, to see if it's a good idea to order. I don't see anything wrong w/ that, and have done it myself, in fact.

Yes, I was thinking I'll email today. I tried calling on two different days about 10 times each day at various times.