Menu

R&S Grammar 3 TM?

SEGway

I agree. The 2nd grade English is the only one you can use without the TM, IMO.

I agree with the above comments. R&S 2 is the only one for which I haven't needed the TM.

The TM oral review in the higher levels is one of the strengths of the program.

True. I'm not sure why they even make one for that level. I haven't needed it at.all.

We're not using it until the fall, but we're in R&S 2 right now. I use the TM to follow along with my son when he's reading the lesson, or I have him follow along while I read.

I was beginning to plan our school year coming up, and I was looking through the lessons and the TM is a must for 3 I believe, like everyone else said! I too didn't learn diagramming in school, and while it would be easy to catch onto, I feel like there is great value in having the TM!!

Conversely, has anyone taught the material with Just the TM? If you do most things orally or on the white board, can you skip the student text? (I realize that I am starting to sound very, very cheap...sigh.)

You could do everything on the white board, but I wouldn't want to.

All the answers are right there next to the questions, but you could concievably cover them up with post-it notes.

Conversely, has anyone taught the material with Just the TM? If you do most things orally or on the white board, can you skip the student text? (I realize that I am starting to sound very, very cheap...sigh.)

I wouldn't want to. I think the student text is very good for the child to WRITE from. I know a lot of people do it orally, and you can do that, but really part of the whole process is actually writing it. You don't need to assign every exercise, but I've found it beneficial for my son to write the exercises that I assign (usually about half of them), so he is getting more comfortable with the process of writing. He could zoom ahead if we did it orally, but the whole point of learning grammar is to be able to write well, and part of the wisdom of R&S is that they have the children writing even on days when there isn't a "writing lesson". ;)

The set is very inexpensive, and they are hardback books that will last and last. You can buy them both used pretty easily if money is tight. They hold up well through numerous children.