Menu

Is there a good CD you'd recommed for spelling instead of a book? My dc

MJN

phonics solution is very simple. It's not fun, just plain old spelling, but it's pretty easy. you have an alphabet on the screen in front of you and you click the letters with you mouse, so if your kids get frustrated at typing they can easily still do this. I don't remember the website. I alternate this with another spelling, just because it's easy. It also will use words more often that are missed.

Alison

We've recently begun using IEW's Phonetic Zoo. We love it!:thumbup:

My children all seem to be part auditory learners & PZ seems to be working much better for them than workbooks. They could work through Spelling Workout fairly easily, but weren't retaining what they should.

After much internal debate:confused:, I purchased PZ at a convention. I feel like this:banghead: for not having bought it sooner.

Angela, who loves smilies

We use the Calvert spelling CDs here too. For a poor speller, such as my son, grade level words were difficult (Calvert CD), but a pp said her child found it easy. I would definitely take into consideration the level of your child's spelling before you buy the CDs - I kept my poor speller on grade level (and supplement with Spelling Power) but I would definitely not say it is "easy" for him.