Menu

T-Mobile Prepaid By the Month Plan

SquirrellyMama

Does anyone use T-Mobile Pay By the Month plans? Right now we use the pay by the minute prepaid but I was looking into the $30/month plan. We had been putting $30/month on one of our 2 phones each month. So, it was coming out to $15/month per phone. It hasn't been a bad deal but I'm using my phone more since I opened my home daycare again. I always have the phone and can have parents text or call my cell. I also send pictures to parents through out the day with it.

If you do use one of the monthly plans, do you like it? How does it renew? I see it says automatically but it also talks about not renewing if there aren't enough fund. Do you add the funds to the account so it doesn't renew off a debit/credit card?

Thanks,

Kelly

Ds has a Tmobile phone that he uses with the $30 a month plan. That gets him 10 minutes, and unlimited text and web. He isn't a talker, so it works for him. When he went to refill it the first time, he went to the Family Dollar store and got a refill card. Now all he has to do is go to FD and add $ to his card and it automatically puts it on his account.

Ok, I saw that they had 2 $30 plans. One is the text and web and the other is 1500 minutes of talk/text and very little web. I'm looking at the talk/text.

Maybe I'll go over to Dollar General and see what they've got.

Thanks,

Kelly

We've used T-Mobile prepaid for a long time; dh recently switched over to Virgin because they had better phones and data plans for the same price. We set up online for our accounts to automatically debit our bank account each month. They send us a reminder text a couple days beforehand so we can make sure there' s enough funds. We've never used a refill card to pay.

Ok, I saw that they had 2 $30 plans. One is the text and web and the other is 1500 minutes of talk/text and very little web. I'm looking at the talk/text.

Maybe I'll go over to Dollar General and see what they've got.

Thanks,

Kelly

I have the 1500 min talk/text and I'm very happy with it. I pay it online with a cc. So much easier than going out to the store to buy the renewal card. I bought the phone at the T-Mobile store (they have limited phone options for this plan) and started it up that way. I never go over the 1500 min before the end of the month. I am not a heavy text/talk phone user. I've been told that my college kids would go way over the 1500 min.

My dd has the $50 unlimited talk, text and web. The $50 is automatically deducted each month from the T-Mobile account. And we set up the account to automatically draw $50 from our credit card one week before the $50 is deducted. This way we never have to worry about not have the funds in there.

My dd has had her t-mobile account for over two years. Her $15/mo/unlimited texting (only) was dropped, but she can keep that plan as long as she keeps her account. We just bought her a new phone and the $30/unlimited text/web, and we passed her old phone/plan onto my ds.

We've been very happy with the monthly plans. There are options on how to renew; I've just paid it monthly online, adding funds to the account manually. If you forget, they'll send a text to the phone number, and while the phone will stop working, they'll maintain the account for several weeks (can't remember the exact time) so you won't lose your phone number.