Menu

Have you ever noticed that when some people change their screen name...

Parrothead

Yeah, a long time ago. From something else to Tibbie.

And now she's "so Tibbie" that I no longer remember what the something else was.

Ugh! Can I just say I have yet to get any pictures to load properly since the forum changed. It drives me nuts! I had the best fish cake for my son's birthday a few years ago and couldn't get the dumb thing to load for that thread. No picture of me would load up either. So, I'm stuck with Mrs. Slocumb for awhile. My personality hasn't changed though. :) Anyone want to pm me with tips for the picture thing? I'd be ever so grateful. See, same polite me. :)

upload your photos to photobucket then copy the IMG code. paste the code into a post and ta-da! photo loaded.

I had a problem changing my avatar too. I tried to update with a picture of my grandson and me, but the file was too big. I uploaded it to Flikr and tried to use a smaller size with no success. Then when I tried to just go back to my old avatar I couldn't get it to do that either! Now I have the not-shadowhead-but-not-an-avatar avatar.

I'm going to try photobucket or that file shrinking site and see if I can get an avatar, any avatar, back.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I'll have to pay closer attention to that.

Maybe it's the whole "alter ego" thing. Like Beyonce and Sasha Fierce. The new screen name just sets them free. ;)

So if I change my user name I become someone really awesome? Is it like a magic spell and wear off or more like a force field? I must think really hard about what user name would give me the best personality...full of cupcakes and kilts of course. :coolgleamA:

So if I change my user name I become someone really awesome? Is it like a magic spell and wear off or more like a force field? I must think really hard about what user name would give me the best personality...full of cupcakes and kilts of course. :coolgleamA:

Don't fall for it. I changed mine and nothing happened. Still me. :(

And now she's "so Tibbie" that I no longer remember what the something else was.

I'm going to try photobucket or that file shrinking site and see if I can get an avatar, any avatar, back.

I do remember Tibbie's old name. I have to think about it for a second. But that is typical for me with any name.

Here I was thinking you were making a statement about avatars in general with your current box avatar. :laugh: