Menu

Do I want to read The Core?

It has finally come up on my Paperbackswap List, but now I don't know if I want to read it. I'm already sold on classical education, I'm not a Christian, and I'm relatively happy (if a bit overwhelmed) with the WTM method these days. Every time I've strayed, I've ended up back at the WTM method and recommendations, anyway, so I've learned my lesson!

So should I bother ordering this book? Is there anything in it that might enlighten me, or would it just be preaching to the converted?

I found it redundant, for the reasons you listed (minus the Christian part, although we are mostly secular homeschoolers). I do highly recommend the Geography section because I found it unique and interesting though. I've considering buying it for that section alone.

Other than the geography chapter, I was pretty disappointed with it. Leigh is an engineer, not a writer, and the book was not well written. WTM is worlds better in terms of articulating both the theory of and a plan for implementing classical education.

We did CC for a year and couldn't wait for it to be over.