Menu

Can you suggest exciting/really good dinosaur books/video?

This is hands-down the best dino book for kids who are seriously into the subject. It was written by a paleontologist, and really is "for dinosaur lovers of all ages," as the subtitle suggests. My son started going on real digs when he was 10, and this is the book that everyone, from grad students to professors, recommended. DS has a whole shelf of paleo books, but this is the one he spent the most time with.

Jackie

Fiction: Here is a link to the first book in the Paleo Joe's Dinosaur Detective Club series my son enjoyed when he was in his dino phase. Don't know what reading level your child is at though. These books are listed at 8 years and up.

http://www.amazon.com/Disappearance-Dinosaur-Sue-PaleoJoes-Detective/dp/1934133035/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1358991423&sr=1-9&keywords=dinosaur+detectives

Definitely Walking with Dinosaurs and Before the Dinosaurs. Get the BBC version, I think Nigel Marvin is a better narrator than Kenneth Branaugh. My son watched the DVD's for two or three years starting when he was 5 or 6. We recently watched them again and its amazing how much we all remember.

This is hands-down the best dino book for kids who are seriously into the subject. It was written by a paleontologist, and really is "for dinosaur lovers of all ages," as the subtitle suggests. My son started going on real digs when he was 10, and this is the book that everyone, from grad students to professors, recommended. DS has a whole shelf of paleo books, but this is the one he spent the most time with.

Jackie

How did I miss this in my search a couple of months ago?! We are thinking about a trip to Utah to go look for fossils with our kids in addition to some awesome mountain biking for my hubby. I see it is recommended for 8 and up, but my ds tends to like non-fiction books that are for older kids anyway. :) Thanks for posting this!

We have the ipad version of this book and the kids really like it.

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=dinosaur