Menu

Small pimple-like bumps that come and go

delaney

My 4 year old gets these small pimple-like bumps on his skin. First they appear as a white head(but the size of a chicken pox bump) then the center gets hard and pointed. If scratched out the bump bleeds and then dries up. Mostly on the left side of his torso and on his arm. He does have a few on his right arm. They don't seem to itch really. Any ideas???

I thought molluscum but the bumps run their cycle in about a week and new ones pop up. The actual things do not last that long like molluscum I have seen. So weird. He is not bothered by it but it looks ugly. He goes for a 4 year well check soon so I will have them look then. Thanks ladies!

I don't know about the OP's kid, but this sounds/looks just like what one of my boys has had for years on his legs. Looks like I need to bust out the lotion for him. Thanks for the link.

I recommend Amlactin. My boys have ichthyosis and Amlactin is a miracle lotion for them. It is also recommended for keratosis pilaris.

The more I look at pics of molluscum the more I think that he has it. I put small pieces of duct tape over each bump to prevent spreading and to "pull" the center out when I take them off. I found it as a treatment suggestion to get the infectious part out without messing with the actual pimple. Hopefully that will work.