Menu

A few testers wanted for short Canadian History eBook

Jay3fer

I'm not sure what the reading level is of this short eBook; that's one of the things I'd like help with, in addition to spotting typos (it's pretty clean) and evaluating the content. Maybe 5-6 testers would be ideal to download it free and let me know what they think.

I wrote this book because in a weird patriotic moment, I decided to teach my kids to sing The Maple Leaf Forever, a song my mother grew up singing in school every day, and couldn't find much information about the song - or about why it's no longer sung... and why it was passed over for O Canada as our official national anthem.

Here's a short description of the book (which is itself rather short):

At one time, Canada's most famous "national anthem," this patriotic song has all but vanished from today's schools and public performances. What was it about, and if it was so beloved, why does nobody sing it anymore? Through the song's lyrics, this approachable, short living history of Canada explores our British, French and First Nations heritage from the 1700s to the present.

Please reply or PM me if you're interested! :-)