Menu

Birthday dessert ideas? - Need to get creative

k2bdeutmeyer

Today is my mom's birthday and I think she is trying to keep things simple and not be a "burden" on anyone. She chose to go out for pizza, which is fine, and originally said that the frozen yogurt at the pizza place would be "fine" (her suggestion). I continually asked her if that's what she WANTED though.....and she just kept saying it would be fine. She said she's not a big cake person. I offered up an ice cream cake, a trip to the local ice cream store, whatever she wanted. She insisted that the frozen yogurt would be fine. Then, this morning, she calls me to ask if they have dessert pizza there, because we could "just do that". They don't. She also mentioned a big cookie. She said she had been somewhere recently where they had a yummy warm cookie and that that sounded good too. Anyway, after discovering that they only had cinnamon sticks, no dessert pizza, she decided that the cookie sounded better. I said I'd take care of it.

So.....I'm not 100% sure that the cookie is really what she wants either. So, help me get creative. Any good cookie-like desserts that would be special for a birthday? Any other ideas? She's not a big frosting person, doesn't care too much for cake. So.....aside from making a big cookie, which I will do if that's the best option, I'm not sure what to make. I'd like to surprise her with a special twist on her request if I can :)

Thanks!!!

Chocolate chip cookie pie might turn the large cookie idea into something a little more :)

http://www.verybestb...pie/detail.aspx

Have you ever had/made this? Is it totally, over the top, rich? She wouldn't like it, if it is.

Dirt cake?

Fancy Brownies?

Banana pudding? You could make it in individual disposable cups to make it easier to transport there

dessert pizza made with sugar cookie crust?

Wonder if I could just make a dessert pizza?? Hmmm.....I like that idea!!

My mom used to make a dessert pizza. It had a sugar cookie crust, then she iced it with a cream cheese and powdered sugar mix, topping it with various types of fruit.

It is sort of like this:

http://penniesonapla...25/fruit-pizza/

I've done that before. I think she wants more of the warm apple pie type pizza, with the frosting drizzled on it.

I think she wants more of the warm apple pie type pizza, with the frosting drizzled on it.

I've seen something like this at a pizza buffet. It was just pizza crust with apple pie filling and powdered sugar icing drizzled on top. If you used prepared crust and canned filling it would be easy and quick. Or instead of pizza crust you could use crescent rolls or puff pastry.

Kristin, that looks yummy. :)

The other idea would be to make sundaes with a chocolate chip cookie as the base. You could bake the cookies as bars, so that they're thicker. Then top with ice cream and hot fudge. Yummy!

Oooh....that sounds super yummy, but I'm not sure I could pull it off very easily in the pizza place?!? I'm not sure we're going anywhere else. I got the impression that she wanted to just do it all there when I talked to her last night.

Oooh....that sounds super yummy, but I'm not sure I could pull it off very easily in the pizza place?!? I'm not sure we're going anywhere else. I got the impression that she wanted to just do it all there when I talked to her last night.

In that case, I'd totally go with what you posted. It looks so yummy!

My two cents after looking at the recipe for the apple thing again:

I'd sprinkle the crust with cinnamon sugar before baking.

I'd definitely make homemade crust, or at least use frozen dough from the store instead of a pre-made crust.

I'd use more filling than the recipe shows; it's a little scant on the apples IMO.

My two cents after looking at the recipe for the apple thing again:

I'd sprinkle the crust with cinnamon sugar before baking.

I'd definitely make homemade crust, or at least use frozen dough from the store instead of a pre-made crust.

I'd use more filling than the recipe shows; it's a little scant on the apples IMO.

Thank you!

Okay.....this leads me to another question.....THIS is the crust recipe I usually use, but I recently made THESE cinnamon rolls (so yummy). 1) Is there something I could add to the pizza crust to make it more dessert-like (much easier dough to make)? or 2) Could I use the cinnamon roll dough to make the pizza crust? (this would be far more time consuming)