Menu

My 12 year old son just thanked me for making vegetables.

Annie Laurie

LOL! Yes! After cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast and Toblerunch (Toblerones for lunch :lol:), the kids couldn't get to the Rare Who Roast Beast and veggies fast enough for dinner. Yesterday, they finished a whole platter of crudités. Today, they begged me for eggs for breakfast. Time to get back to the regularly scheduled menu!

We had a home cooked meal tonight that included vegetables, and he specifically thanked me for the vegetables. I think that shows how bad our eating habits have been over the holidays.

Anyone else indulge in a lot of eating out and holiday leftovers?

Raising my hand.

We were on vacation for Christmas (so every meal was eaten out), and before that had been indulging in sweets and rich foods quite a bit going all the way back to Halloween. We are feeling the results--- especially since we lived on salads all summer.

I made a big salad last night topped with a bit of feta cheese and served it with a small side of peppered steak strips. Even my non-veggie lover child ate heartily.

Aaaannd the scale said I gained weight from yesterday. Sigh.

Yes! We have a really sweet neighbor who loves to bring over her extra baking! Man, I can feel those chocolate covered pretzels and cookies and fudge and peanut butter balls all sticking with me! it was delicious and worth it! But now i am ready to loose a few of those pounds!