Menu

I've offended someone

amo_mea_filiis.

I guess I'm doing something right!

There was a picture on fb that i got a teeny tiny chuckle out of, so i "liked" it.

Someone who has criticized me for the past 7 years, put me down, made fun of me, etc., had the nerve to message me and tell me i offended them with that picture. I'm glad we're fb friends, because now I'm going to find every single potential offensive atheism picture and like the carp out of them!

My FB friends are such a broad spectrum of beliefs that I'm sure to offend someone every time I like something. Eh, whatever -- they can block me out if they don't want to see it. After all, that's what I do with their stuff.

Agreed. It is my page and it is my prerogative to like and post whatever I want to...if you don't like it, hide my posts or unfriend me. I HAVE outright told my friends this, as I have friends from all walks of life and I'm sure I offend at least one person every time I post or like something as well.

Guest inoubliable

Someone who has criticized me for the past 7 years, put me down, made fun of me, etc., had the nerve to message me and tell me i offended them with that picture. I'm glad we're fb friends, because now I'm going to find every single potential offensive atheism picture and like the carp out of them!

Why don't you just unfriend them on Facebook? :confused1:

I rarely "like" anything potentially controversial because of the diversity of my facebook friends (even though I only have 11 friends!). I don't even comment on stuff that other people "like."

In the rare instance that I "like" something because I want to keep in the loop (e.g., my kids' b & m school page), I set the privacy settings so that nobody sees that.

Then again, I may be a little paranoid where people actually know me.