Menu

What is the strangest gift under your tree?

Sun

We had our family Christmas yesterday. My husband left this morning to visit his Dad.

I had a giant Christmas stocking, over half the size of a pillow case. Since DH is always good naturally complaining about the lack of underwear in his underwear draw. He got a Christmas stocking full of his own freshly washed underwear.

Oh, and to fill it up I also put in some socks for his sock draw.

I think ours is the new toilet seat. Nothing says, "Merry Christmas" like a new toilet seat!

Of course, there are some relatives coming who are pretty likely to bring a more unusual gift. Last year we got a snow globe from them. That may not sound odd, until you realize there was nothing in the snow globe. It was a glass ball full of snow and water with no scene, just snow.

I think my dh was hinting about wanting a new toilet for Christmas. He sent me more then one youtube video this month of a toilet.

But I'm to cheap and lazy to get him a toilet. :) Because I know it will end up being like the book, "If you give a mouse a cookie". Next thing you know we will have to redo the whole bathroom. (And it really needs it, new subfloor and everything) but we can't do that till we install a second bathroom....

So nope, no new toilet for him.