Menu

Easiest upper level math suggestions? And specific curriculum?

I am looking for suggestions for the easiest upper level math (past Alg II) for a dd who is not strong in math.

She's applied EA to several colleges (and has received two acceptances so far!). Another school called yesterday and told me that she would need to be taking an upper level course this year in order to be competitive. He was very, very nice, and gave me every reason to believe she'd be in if she satisfied this requirement. (For now, she'll be deferred to regular admission.)

This school is her #1 or #2 choice, and she's willing to take this on. She's currently taking Lial's Alg. II.

Thank you for any suggestions. We just need to notify the school in the next few weeks.

My daughter took AP Statistics through PA Homeschoolers. Her progression to that time had been Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra 2, and PreCalculus (College Algebra and Trigonometry). The prerequisite for the PA Homeschoolers class was the successful completion of Algebra 2.

When will she complete her Lial's Algebra 2 program? If she finishes it soon, you might consider Life of Fred's Statistics book.

Alternatively, she might go ahead and begin College Algebra. What is her anticipated major in college? Many majors will require completion of College Algebra and Trigonometry.

Regards,

Kareni

She really won't be done with Alg II until the end of the school year.

CC isn't an option, because I don't think she can test into a math at that level.

I think my notes from the phone conversation with the admissions counselor say that the college will require precalc and statistics for her major.

Seriously, her plans for summer were to brush up on math skills so she wouldn't be facing a developmental math course in the fall. Math has never been her strong point. Obviously, she excels in other areas that balance out math!

I appreciate the suggestions and continue to welcome any advice!