Menu

Who knew dwarfs could be so handsome?!!! (Hobbit movie chat - possible spoilers)

Seasider

Well, I shoulda known better than to think all dwarfs would look like Gimli. I never expected that Thorin Oakenshield would be such a heartthrob! And Fili & Kili.... I've always thought of them as the dwarf counterparts to Merry and Pippin, but never pictured them so attractive.

Didn't you just love their Scottish brogues? And when they started singing by the fireside at Bag End, that was wonderful. I love the way Peter Jackson interpreted that scene from the book.

Bilbo was just right. Who is that actor?

I just didn't want the film to end at all! I thought it was well done, of course there were alterations from the book but nothing seemed out of place or detrimental to the original story line. I do wish there would have been more of the elves/scenes in Rivendell.

Ds and I were speculating about the division of action for the next two films, and if we might see Legolas pop up in Mirkwood and maybe run across Aragorn as a youth somewhere along the line.

I could go on, really loved it. What did you all think of it?

Way back when the film was in the rumor stage, I remember reading an article on one of the Tolkien blogs that predicted with amusement that we would see some hunky dwarves. No director in his right mind would cast that many men without hunks in their midst.

Bilbo is Martin Freeman. I haven't seen the film yet but he looks absolutely adorable as Bilbo in the photos.

My kiddo saw it last night--said he liked it despite the liberties.

Martin Freeman is Watson in the BBC Sherlock, available to stream on Netflix if you want to see more of him.

I enjoyed the movie as well. Already knew that Thorin was nice to look at (Robin Hood, Spooks, North and South). Killi was a surprise though.

DD loved when Thorin and Bilbo hugged - her 2 favorite actors. The girls I took last night (both dds and a friend for each) noticed the deviations and liked them.

I still can't believe I am up. I even took dh to the car place already this morning. All the girls are still sleeping.

Martin Freeman is Watson in the BBC Sherlock, available to stream on Netflix if you want to see more of him.

I enjoyed the movie as well. Already knew that Thorin was nice to look at (Robin Hood, Spooks, North and South). Killi was a surprise though.

DD loved when Thorin and Bilbo hugged - her 2 favorite actors. The girls I took last night (both dds and a friend for each) noticed the deviations and liked them.

I still can't believe I am up. I even took dh to the car place already this morning. All the girls are still sleeping.

Ah, that's it! He's Mr. "look back at me"! Richard Armitage.

I am also moving slow today, but it was worth it!