Menu

X-box games

DawnM

Yup. Most don't and even the ones that say sexual content is not the avatars actually having teA. But yup there is games like that. You have to be really careful about reading ratings etc when you buy the 360 games. .

:iagree:

Many games are rated M because of the high level of violence and outright carnage, too. :ack2:

My ds12 isn't allowed to play rated M games -- although there are a few I would consider if he showed any interest in them -- and I'm very fortunate that his friends aren't allowed to play them, either. Ds can play rated T games, but he knows that I have to approve those, too, because some of the rated T games are pretty suggestive, too!

It's like anything else you buy for your kids -- you need to be aware of what you're buying before you put it into your child's hands. Most of the time, a quick glance at the cover and the back of the box at GameStop is enough to give you a general idea of which titles are in the "definite no" category, but some games are sneaky, in that they look OK, but there are a lot of sexual references or incredibly scantily-clad women peppered throughout them. You also have to be careful about the level of blood and gore.

That said, both PS3 and XBox 360 have LOTS of family-friendly games. I wouldn't consider either system to be adult-oriented. You just have to educate yourself and know which games are OK and which ones won't work for your family.

I dot understand GTA, anyway. I mean most of the games are war based, so (while not a supreme fan of it) I understand why there would be killing. There is strategy and stuff.

GTA it appears that you are just the bad guy trying to hurt people and steal. Seriously?

I dot understand GTA, anyway. I mean most of the games are war based, so (while not a supreme fan of it) I understand why there would be killing. There is strategy and stuff.

GTA it appears that you are just the bad guy trying to hurt people and steal. Seriously?

Seriously. And it's a blast.

Back from dentist. Wanted to add too, that looking for the rating itself is not enough. My son does play some M games but there is many he is not allowed. You need to read why it is rated that and then go online and look up to what extent those things happen. For example ds is not allowed games with gore, or explicit sexuality. But he is allowed shooting games with blood. Amount of profanity is another one, drug and alcohol themes etc. He knows he is not allowed games that have all of the above, games like Grand theft auto, mafia etc have too much all in one game imo. But he plays call of duty, medal of honor and Halo and they are all M rated games. For first person shooter games they are not too bad, of course being war games there is violence, blood and foul language some more than others, but not like many games out there.

Personally I prefer Blob and the kinect games. My younger kids love the disneyland kinect game and dd13 prefers the dance type kinect games. Though she plays Halo with ds14 at times.

:iagree:

Many games are rated M because of the high level of violence and outright carnage, too. :ack2:

My ds12 isn't allowed to play rated M games -- although there are a few I would consider if he showed any interest in them -- and I'm very fortunate that his friends aren't allowed to play them, either. Ds can play rated T games, but he knows that I have to approve those, too, because some of the rated T games are pretty suggestive, too!

It's like anything else you buy for your kids -- you need to be aware of what you're buying before you put it into your child's hands. Most of the time, a quick glance at the cover and the back of the box at GameStop is enough to give you a general idea of which titles are in the "definite no" category, but some games are sneaky, in that they look OK, but there are a lot of sexual references or incredibly scantily-clad women peppered throughout them. You also have to be careful about the level of blood and gore.

That said, both PS3 and XBox 360 have LOTS of family-friendly games. I wouldn't consider either system to be adult-oriented. You just have to educate yourself and know which games are OK and which ones won't work for your family.

exactly. (we will just agree with each other on this lol) I do not have set approved ratings, all games that I buy or the kids buy are checked out first, some teen games get axed while some M games are allowed.