Menu

Being the bigger person....

sthompson

Is hard. And usually I end up failing at it.

I hate being a door mat. I can be quiet and pass the proverbial bean dip only so many times before I fall. Inevitably things go wrong and I'm looked at as rude and unkind.

Sometimes I wish I had an island to go to......

Thanks for listening.

Stephanie

I hate being a door mat. I can be quiet and pass the proverbial bean dip only so many times before I fall. Inevitably things go wrong and I'm looked at as rude and unkind.

Thanks for listening.

Stephanie

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Thanks for listening.

Stephanie

I think this is true for all of us at times.

If you find that island...let me know.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

So what? :confused:

Being a doormat is not "being the bigger person;" it's being the person that others try to manipulate and use and intimidate, and whom they blame for everything that goes wrong, because they know the doormat won't fight back.

If you fight back and the response from the people who have treated you poorly is that you're rude and unkind, pat yourself on the back and go get yourself a cupcake, because those people have just learned to stop treating you like a doormat, because you're done putting up with their garbage. They don't really believe you're rude and unkind; they're just angry because they know you're on to their game.

So forget about being the bigger person. Let the people who are treating you like a doormat learn to be "the bigger person" for a change.

I'm sorry you're feeling down. :grouphug:

Totally agree with Catwoman though. Her post reminds me of what one of my favorite bosses used to say to me: "If you're pissing off the right people, you're doing just fine." (excuse the language, but I want to maintain the integrity of the quote - the guy was a crusty old Welshman, and this was actually very tame coming from him) :D

Hope tomorrow's a better day!