Menu

Losing 2 baby molars next to each other, at once?

Zebra

I changed the title of this, because it was too vague.

My 9 year old just lost her 1st molar yesterday and her 2nd molar came out today, both on the bottom, next to each other. She was a little freaked out by it, and so was I (but I didn't let on!).

Has anyone else seen their kid go through this? Losing 2 molars at once like this?

So.... then if this is not "supposed" to be what happens, and you've already googled it...what was your question??

She asked if anyone had seen their kid go through this because its apparently not "supposed" to happen. She's asking to make sure other kids have similar experiences. You make it sound like that's a problem. ? I don't get it.

Guest inoubliable

She asked if anyone had seen their kid go through this because its apparently not "supposed" to happen. She's asking to make sure other kids have similar experiences. You make it sound like that's a problem. ? I don't get it.

No, no. I don't think it's a problem. I thought that was her question, too. So I answered it. And then she said she was hoping "real moms" knew more than Google. That confused me. Last I checked I was a real mom and not the Google. LOL.

No, no. I don't think it's a problem. I thought that was her question, too. So I answered it. And then she said she was hoping "real moms" knew more than Google. That confused me. Last I checked I was a real mom and not the Google. LOL.

Ha! Oh I get it. No, I think she was grateful! I didn't take it that way at all.

Guest inoubliable

Ha! Oh I get it. No, I think she was grateful! I didn't take it that way at all.

No worries. :)

To the OP, hope you're not still freaked out. Did a little Googlin' on my own for you and didn't come across anything saying that losing two molars at once was out of the ordinary. I'm sure your dd is just fine. :)

I just wanted to hear from the real experts, the WTM boardies. That's all! The handout my dentist gave me says you're not supposed to lose them together, but real life doesn't usually work like the chart says it should.

I have had these dreams where I lose all my teeth and I think I was having flashbacks of that.... :laugh: !

I just wanted to hear from the real experts, the WTM boardies. That's all! The handout my dentist gave me says you're not supposed to lose them together, but real life doesn't usually work like the chart says it should.

I have had these dreams where I lose all my teeth and I think I was having flashbacks of that.... :laugh: !

Hmmm, I recall reading that's a common dream, but what does it mean? Let the Hive analyze your dreams, too :001_smile: .

http://www.dreamdictionary.org/common/teeth-dreams/

Interesting thoughts on what that dream could have meant. I think it was a lack of control over situations in my life, because I haven't had it since I gained control of some things in my life.

Dreams are interesting things. Which is a whole other thread!

So, any other people have kids who lost two molars together :tongue_smilie: ?

I'm a hygienist. It is not "usual" to lose 2 together, but it is not pathological nor does it cause problems . One permanent tooth erupting could have resorbed 2 roots in the process. Really, no big deal. One may take a while to come in though. There are no hard and fast rules about tooth loss/eruption patterns. Every child is different.

I'm a hygienist. It is not "usual" to lose 2 together, but it is not pathological nor does it cause problems . One permanent tooth erupting could have resorbed 2 roots in the process. Really, no big deal. One may take a while to come in though. There are no hard and fast rules about tooth loss/eruption patterns. Every child is different.

Great, thanks for this info.