Menu

Gel nail polish?

busymama7

From what I have read (and I have no first hand experience so take it for what it's worth), the kits that do not require a curing light are essentially super glue. Reviewers who have used the light cure or had gel coats done professionally seem to universally hate it.

Hmm..I really liked the gel manicures I have had done at salons. I only do it for special occasions like a vacation or a wedding. Regular polish does not stay on my nails longer than a couple of days and gel manicures last me almost 2 weeks. The only drawback is that it used to be you had to have it removed at a salon as well, but eventually I figured out I could just peel it off. :laugh:

I've tried it, and it really doesn't chip. The problem is that after the two weeks they claim it lasts, your nails have grown and it looks awful at the cuticles. I had mine done in a salon with lights and it was a huge process to have it removed--involving soaking my fingertips in pure acetone and having the nail polish literally scraped off. I could see how perpetual use would really trash my fingernails, so I haven't done it since.