Menu

Unexpected news...

Lisa in SC

Congrat! A baby is always a miracle. We had this happen in my extended family recently and you never saw a baby get more love and attention. The only difficulty was the anger of the young man's parents. They were downright hostile about the whole thing. It was not the reception to the news my sister expected. The young man is great though which is more important.

Congratulations! Coming from someone who found out she was pregnant at 20 (also unmarried), I want to thank you for being so supportive of her. I didn't get that...was actually told unwed mommies don't deserve a baby shower, and not a single person was happy for me even though my boyfriend and I were completely self sufficient and did everything on our own from the start, and we are still together. She will definitely appreciate your support. :) Congrats again!

Congrats! I hope you realize that, now that you've told us, we will expect pictures when the little guy or girl is born. Some of us don't have our own babies at the moment and have to get our baby fixes vicariously. ;)

When I found out I was pregnant with dd, I was in my early twenties, unmarried, and in college, and now I'm a married SAHM who homeschools and has a mommy blog, lol. Just because the beginning is a bit rocky doesn't mean things won't sort themselves out fairly quickly.

same here. I was 21, unmarried (was engaged but not in a good relationship), in school, etc. Very happily married now (different man), sahm, etc. things sort themselves out.

Congratulations! Coming from someone who found out she was pregnant at 20 (also unmarried), I want to thank you for being so supportive of her. I didn't get that...was actually told unwed mommies don't deserve a baby shower, and not a single person was happy for me even though my boyfriend and I were completely self sufficient and did everything on our own from the start, and we are still together. She will definitely appreciate your support. :) Congrats again!

Thank you! I'm so sorry that you didn't have any support, and that you were told such awful things. :grouphug: I'm glad you're still together though & that all turned out well, but I still wish things had been different for you. Thanks again for the congrats! :)

Just think of all the fun things you have to look forward to: tiny baby feet, the sound of baby eating bananas, eesy weensy baby spit bubbles, a cute little diaper butt....the list is endless!

Congratulations!

Oh my goodness...the eensy weensy baby spit bubbles...be still my heart! Yes, the endless delicious things that make up a baby. As a matter of fact, all 4 of mine were working on a tiny gingerbread village tonight, and I said, "By this time next year, the little one will be just old enough to flip & flail his/her hands close enough to the gingerbread that he/she will likely manage to destroy at least one...and I can't wait!" :D

Congrat! A baby is always a miracle. We had this happen in my extended family recently and you never saw a baby get more love and attention. The only difficulty was the anger of the young man's parents. They were downright hostile about the whole thing. It was not the reception to the news my sister expected. The young man is great though which is more important.

Time will tell how the news is accepted on the young man's part and on the part of his family. We'll know more after next weekend. I'm certain that this baby will be adored beyond measure on all of this side anyway. I'm glad that the young man in your situation was good, but so sorry that your sister had to endure such hostility. Thanks for the well wishes!

:grouphug: I'm sure it was a bit of a shock, but as others have said, babies are to be celebrated. Your daughter started off on the right foot coming to you, and although she's probably in shock herself, it sounds like you'll be able to help her make the transition to motherhood. You are a wonderful mom for being there for her like this, and it sounds like this baby will be coming into a wonderful family!!

Congratulations, and keep us posted. :)

:grouphug: I'm sure it was a bit of a shock, but as others have said, babies are to be celebrated. Your daughter started off on the right foot coming to you, and although she's probably in shock herself, it sounds like you'll be able to help her make the transition to motherhood. You are a wonderful mom for being there for her like this, and it sounds like this baby will be coming into a wonderful family!!

Congratulations, and keep us posted. :)

It was definitely a shock, but here it is, and we're thrilled about the baby. The circumstances leave much to be desired, but life has a way of working out, and I try not to needlessly stress over things I can't change anyway (I don't mean the baby, I mean the circumstances). Dd is still processing, but she's already taking the baby into consideration in every way she possibly can. She texted me so much today asking questions ("Is Motrin ok? It's debatable? Well then I'm not taking it.") and updating me on new choices (from a Starbucks addict "Mama, I tried to order the hot apple spice drink, but I forgot what it was, so I ended up with a decaf. I'll get the apple thing next time.") :laugh: I had to assure her that she's doing just fine, and to try not to stress herself out. I'm going to get her a book sometime tomorrow, so she has something to look through. I think it'll help her relax a bit. It won't be "What to Expect" because she'd just end up focusing on all the things that could go wrong. It's been really sweet to watch her try so hard so quickly...just one day after getting that positive test.

• 2 weeks later...

Time will tell how the news is accepted on the young man's part and on the part of his family. We'll know more after next weekend. I'm certain that this baby will be adored beyond measure on all of this side anyway. I'm glad that the young man in your situation was good, but so sorry that your sister had to endure such hostility. Thanks for the well wishes!

How did things go?

How is your daughter doing?