Menu

A Sunday Chat

Jean in Newcastle

Good Evening, everyone.

It has been a long, long day and still isn't over. Anyone want to join me at the buffet?

What are your favorite things to put on your plate at a buffet?

Tonight when it is finally all over, my plan is to soak in the tub, so my next question is: shower or bath? And if you like baths do you like bubbles or not? And if so, what kind of bubbles or salts or bath additive?

Guest inoubliable

Oooh! A buffet! I love to grab different veggie dishes - and a friend of mine makes a really delicious vegan meatball.

Bath. Definitely. It's been that sort of day. I love bath oils in mine.

It's been a good day here. No buffet for me, thanks. I just finished eating. Favorite buffet items...hmmm...it would have to be a Chinese buffet--chicken lo mein, an egg roll, chicken w/broccoli, steamed rice.

Mostly showers, but I do like a bubble bath every couple of years. Any kind of bubbles are fine.

Jean, I hope you're feeling o.k.

Teriyaki meatballs sound good. I also love that layered taco dip, so I'll bring some of that, too. Just finished decorating the tree. Not quite the nightmare it was last year. Just need to keep the 2 year old from taking off the decorations. Baths? I used to like them. Don't anymore. Don't know why. Too much trouble, maybe. I'm feeling like Eeyore tonight, sorry. It's been a rough weekend.

I always go for the macaroni and cheese! Yum!

I usually bring deviled eggs. They are always a hit.

Hmm...I used to love baths. Now, I don't so much. I don't know what changed.

It's been a long day. My disabled BIL called this morning and needed a ride to Urgent Care. His back hurt so badly he couldn't get out of bed. I stocked his kitchen with easy meals, did the dishes, took out the trash and ran to the store to get his dog some food. Have you ever wanted to help someone so badly and didn't think anything you did was enough? Yup. Maybe I do need a bath. And wine.

The good news is that we had a great yard sale this weekend! And the soccer party and taekwondo banquet are behind us. Whew!

I go for the most interesting and expensive foods on the buffet. GRIN. Shrimp, salmon, fancy cheeses. Or great dishes I know where made by skilled and talented cooks.

I love my shower for a daily cleanse, but a hot bath on a cold night is wonderful. Hardly take baths in the summer. I like a big dollop of olive oil in the water. My skin feels fabulous after. I like to light candles and take a book and a drink with me.

Right now the tub has my exercise ball and a drip laundry stand holding delicates. Time to clean it out.