Menu

Dolls for 4/5 year old girl-not AG!

moonlight

I am going to get my niece this dollhouse:

http://www.costco.com/Kidkraft®--My-Dreamy-Dollhouse.product.11760869.html

I know it accommodates barbies, but I really don't want to get her barbies!! I thought of moxie girls, but that seems too old for her.

I live across the world from her and haven't seen her in two years! :-(

With three boys, I just have no idea what kind of toys she plays with. Her mom is no help and says yes to any idea I throw her way.

I am also thinking of a cloud b ladybug night light and a couple of books.

Any other great ideas for little girls? My parents are getting her the AG twins and related items. I gave them that idea since I kept reading about the dolls in several threads.

Pretty clueless here.

Thanks!

I would suggest Fisher Price Loving Family sets. We have the dollhouse, furniture sets and family. They are a little on the pricey side, but I think they are high quality, as my kids are hard on them and they have lasted around 7 years in our house. They would easily fit that dollhouse. You can buy whatever furniture, people, etc. They are all sold separately as sets and you can find them in any major store.

I would suggest Fisher Price Loving Family sets. We have the dollhouse, furniture sets and family. They are a little on the pricey side, but I think they are high quality, as my kids are hard on them and they have lasted around 7 years in our house. They would easily fit that dollhouse. You can buy whatever furniture, people, etc. They are all sold separately as sets and you can find them in any major store.

I completely agree! We LOVE the Loving Family dollhouse....and it's made for great gift options for several years now as we add to her collection.

What a generous aunt you are! What about Only Hearts Club dolls? They are 9" tall and should fit in the house.

Edited to add: The Loving Family dolls are very nice, but I think they might be too small for the furniture that comes with the Kidkraft house. It's sized for 11-12" dolls, and the tallest Loving Family doll is only about 6". Of course, you could change your mind and get a Loving Family house instead!

I think the Fisher Price families would be the wrong scale for this huge doll house. I like the Only Hearts Club dolls but I believe there are Tinker Bell dolls too. http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_t_3

If I were you, I would just go with the Only Hearts Club dolls. We have a lot of them and they are great. You can get their furniture and accessories as well. We love their horses.

I saw the groovy girls and they are a vit too tall for the dollhouse. They are really cute though and would have been ideal otherwise...

The liv dolls look too sultry to me for lack of a better word.

The gnomes are super cute, but are a bit too short for the scale of the house.