Menu

No, no, no! I can't be getting sick -- not until January!

jujsky

I feel a cold coming on. I'm getting a bit stuffy and achy and just.....blech. I am not allowed to get sick until January. I have too much to do in December. We have our Lego Robotics competition tomorrow (an all-day thing over an hour and a half away), an event I'm heading Sunday at a paint-your-own pottery event for Scouts, and a crap-ton of stuff to do during the rest of the month. There really IS no rest in December. All of our weekends are full and most of our weekdays are full of activities & school. We celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas (Hanukkah is early this year too) so I have to prep for that. We don't have any of our decorations up yet. I have all this sewing I want to do and don't have enough time for, and just watch -- I'm going to get sick and not feel up to doing it in whatever pathetic amount of free time I have left.

Wah!!!! I'm not looking for advice or anything. I'm just having a pity-party for myself amidst my blankets, tissues, and tea.

This is going to sound crazy, but go buy some Boiron ColdCalm. You let two tiny tablets dissolve under your tongue every 15 minutes for 2 hours, and then you take 2 more every hour until the symptoms get better. (The pills have no taste at all, and there are 60 pills in a box, so one box should be enough for you.)

I was totally skeptical about this stuff when I heard about it, but recently, ds was coming down with a cold and I could tell it was going to be a bad one, so I figured I'd give it a try... and the stuff actually worked. He was so much better within HOURS, and by the next day, it was like he was already at the very tail end of the cold.

If you read the ingredients, you'll be sure the stuff won't work, but somehow it does. I know several people who use it, and like I said, I thought they were exaggerating about it, but it really worked for ds, so you might want to try it. I got it at the Vitamin Shoppe, but I think some Walmarts carry it, too. It's made by the same people who make Oscillococcinum that you take if you think you have the flu.

It's definitely worth a try -- but try to get it today if you can, because they say the sooner you start taking it once you have symptoms, the better it works.

I hope you feel better soon! :grouphug: