Menu

So, now I'm going to see a gastroenterologist...

Ellie

I've got things going on with the endo (thyroid issues); have seen the rheumatologist (persistent joint pain, family history of lupus, but joint pain is also a symptom of hypothyroid); and now the gastroenterologist.

I've four "episodes" of excruciating stomach pain, three of which lasted over eight hours, with some vomiting and diahrrea (sp?). I think it's food related, possibly wheat (not gluten), but I'm not sure. I made an appointment with my primary care physician to talk about these episodes, and since I'm overdue for a colonoscopy, she suggested that I call the gastroenterologist to talk to him about the stomach thing, as well, since he can check out all my parts at the same time, lol.

My appointment is Dec. 11.

Merry Christmas to me. :-)

Thanks. :-)

I guess I can't complain, as I've gotten this far in life without major illnesses of any kind, lol. The thyroid issues are annoying--who except under-medicated, low-thyroid people doesn't lose weight on 1000 calories a day???--but not debilitating. The stomach thing is scarey to me. I hope it is something as simple as a wheat or other food issue, because I can control that. I think. o_0

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I'm sorry you've been feeling so terrible, Ellie, and I hope the doctor is able to figure out what's going on so you can start feeling better very soon.

Depending on where you're getting your pain, it could be a gallbladder issue.

Are you under a lot of stress? Sometimes those symptoms can be stress-related, too.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I'm sorry you've been feeling so terrible, Ellie, and I hope the doctor is able to figure out what's going on so you can start feeling better very soon.

Depending on where you're getting your pain, it could be a gallbladder issue.

Are you under a lot of stress? Sometimes those symptoms can be stress-related, too.

No, no stress. My primary care physician poked around and the pain seems to be my stomach, not my gall bladder, but I'm sure I'll find out for sure when the actual procedure is done (I see the doctor on the 11th, but the actual procedure will surely not be until January-ish...).

It could just be gastritis. Same thing happened to me--a night of excruciating pain and vomiting/diarrhea. I thought it was gall bladder, but endoscopy showed gastritis. I've had to give up my multiple-diet-cokes-and-black-teas-per-day habit. Not easy, but I feel sooooo much better.

I hope it's something easily controllable for you, too. :)

It could just be gastritis. Same thing happened to me--a night of excruciating pain and vomiting/diarrhea. I thought it was gall bladder, but endoscopy showed gastritis. I've had to give up my multiple-diet-cokes-and-black-teas-per-day habit. Not easy, but I feel sooooo much better.

I hope it's something easily controllable for you, too. :)

Hmmm....so, I just did an Internet search on gastritis. The foods recommended are *totally* opposite of what I prefer, which is paleo/Atkins. I never had this when I was doing Atkins. o_0

Glad you're feeling better. :-)

Hmmm....so, I just did an Internet search on gastritis. The foods recommended are *totally* opposite of what I prefer, which is paleo/Atkins. I never had this when I was doing Atkins. o_0

Glad you're feeling better. :-)

I don't follow all those GERD-diet recommendations (low fat, etc.). I eat low carb and a fair amount of fat. But I had been drinking tons of diet coke and black tea for years, and those are both very high in acid. I've given them up, but nothing else.

I don't follow all those GERD-diet recommendations (low fat, etc.). I eat low carb and a fair amount of fat. But I had been drinking tons of diet coke and black tea for years, and those are both very high in acid. I've given them up, but nothing else.

Ok, that gives me hope!