Menu

Ladies Question - Re: DD13

goldberry

DD13 just started her first cycle. Today is day 8 of heavy flow....is that normal? I was never a heavy flow person myself. Sometimes my cycles would last 7 days, but that counted very light flow at beginning and end.

She put on a regular pad at 7, and by 8:30 had leaked through it. This is on day 8. I'm hoping maybe this is just an odd first cycle.

Any experience here?

When I was that age my period lasted 10-12 days with the first 8 being heavy. Very heavy. As in I would stay home from school and had to use a tampon and pad together. The pain was also incredible.

To top it off I'd often start my period two or three weeks later. It was insane. It continued until I was 16 and I finally complained about enough that my mom took me to a different doctor. He started me on BC pills. It was heaven. I was so happy.

The doctor before said that some girls/women just have to deal with heavy, painful periods. It was part of life. Jerk.

I don't know if you can do anything other than BC pills. You'd have to ask a doctor or two or three. I just wanted to let you know that your dd is not the only one to experience this.

When I was that age my period lasted 10-12 days with the first 8 being heavy. Very heavy. As in I would stay home from school and had to use a tampon and pad together. The pain was also incredible.

To top it off I'd often start my period two or three weeks later. It was insane. It continued until I was 16 and I finally complained about enough that my mom took me to a different doctor. He started me on BC pills. It was heaven. I was so happy.

The doctor before said that some girls/women just have to deal with heavy, painful periods. It was part of life. Jerk.

I don't know if you can do anything other than BC pills. You'd have to ask a doctor or two or three. I just wanted to let you know that your dd is not the only one to experience this.

:ohmy: You poor thing! I've dealt with some doctors also who were quick to blow off "women's issues". Hopefully it will level out for her, but at least I know some have had this also.

I would be concerned if this happened to my dd. It may be nothing to worry about, but I'd probably call my OB/GYN and ask to speak to the nurse for advice. My first periods were very light and sporadic, but of course everyone is different. :grouphug: