Menu

S/O No $ for Christmas... I would like...

moonlight

I live internationally and can't really give anything away from here. What I would like to do is buy something from Amazon or Book Depository to send directly to someone.

Maybe we can get a list going of people who have particulars they would like for their children for Christmas and others can buy them and ship them to you. I know that this requires a certain level of trust, but if addresses are given to one person through email, it might be better. This way, a giver can decide if they want to give something to someone with 2 posts or 500 and with a financial commitment they are comfortable withand those that would like something can decide if they want to give their address to someone with 2 or 2000 posts...

Keeping it on a forum like this would also ensure that one person is not getting three of the same item from 3 different people...

Do you all think that would work? I have also in the last few days read posts and have wanted to offer help, but was not sure if it would be well received.

I have 5 children and have found out that on Jan.1st my daughter will recieve her last ssi check and on jan.15th the K-mart my husband works at will be closing.

If i could ask for anything for my children it would be

Michael my 15 year old-hooded sweatshirts size men large or a hooded zip up sweatshirt jacket

Brittni-14 anime books clothes size 8-10 juinior

Payton-12 needs clothes very bad 14-16 husky pants needs socks boxers

Trace-9 would love beyblades,baywheelz anything pokemon used gameboy games pokemon

Sarah-7 loves arts and crafts will draw all day long coloring books loves beanie babies so if anyone had some gently used ones

I have 5 children and have found out that on Jan.1st my daughter will recieve her last ssi check and on jan.15th the K-mart my husband works at will be closing.

If i could ask for anything for my children it would be

Michael my 15 year old-hooded sweatshirts size men large or a hooded zip up sweatshirt jacket

Brittni-14 anime books clothes size 8-10 juinior

Payton-12 needs clothes very bad 14-16 husky pants needs socks boxers

Trace-9 would love beyblades,baywheelz anything pokemon used gameboy games pokemon

Sarah-7 loves arts and crafts will draw all day long coloring books loves beanie babies so if anyone had some gently used ones

I can't help but notice that you have only posted a total of 3 times to this forum, and all three posts have been requests for Christmas gifts, yet we know nothing about you or how you found this forum.

I hope you will become an active member of this community, and will post again to tell us more about yourself, your kids, and how you got started in homeschooling. I'd also love to hear what curriculum you're using! :)

Welcome!

I have read and learnt so much on this board.All 5 of my kids attended public school until last year when my daughter was diagnosed with psuedotumer.she missed so much school we pulled her out and put her in virtual school.Last march we moved to Jacksonville to get her treatment at nemours.She is doing much better and went back to school this year.She got into a magnet school Paxon high which is a great college prep school.My 9 year old was unable to get into a magnet school so we decided to keep him home the end of last year.He is doing really well except for writing.He hates to write.He is working thru life of fred fractions and we were using time for learning online.We let that go last month.He does alot of games on shepard software and we are reading alot.I also have a few workbooks i have picked up a keys to fractions,complete book of maps and geography.I hope next year to have all my kids in good magnet school as i will need to go back to work.If taht doesnt happon I will figure out a way to keep him home because the public school where we live is really bad.

My DSS has a brand new baby boy and is struggling financially. If anyone has gently used baby boy clothes in sizes 6-12 months, I'd love to get my hands on them! They are good for 0-6 months clothes, but are worried about what they will do when he outgrows those! Sweet boy is going to be a little chunk! ;)