Menu

It is official!

Twinmom

Against my better judgement, I did 12 problems with each of them today. I quite literally needed a good, stiff drink afterwards! ;). Processing problems and multistep math don't go well together! Ah, well...they are making good progress considering!

If you ever hear on the news that a woman's head exploded in NC, just send flowers. That, or a six pack of Mike's! :tongue_smilie:

I can only practice long division with one twin per day without my head exploding. That is all. :glare:

:iagree:

I figured out I have been practicing long division with my kids daily for 18 straight years. :001_huh: I think it is the one serious contributing factor to my homeschool burnout. :glare: Serious.....that is all.:auto:

Might I suggest a brief 5-10 multiplication drill using the computer, followed with teaching long division using the partial quotients method? When the twins are older, go back and teach long division the traditional way. Keep it fun with plenty of dark chocolate for Mom.:D

Geoff made me spit coffee all over my computer this morning. :lol:

But the question is?

When your head explodes? Is it a simple explosion, as in a simple division?

Or is it a more fragmented explosion, more like long division?

:lol:

I have a long division app. BEST MONEY SPENT EVER! I don't know how a kid can argue with me that I didn't divide it right ???:001_huh:??? But he never gets angry or frustrated with the app.

I honestly wish I had bought it a year ago!

Here's the app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/long-division/id341041204?mt=8

Sunny boy, works the problem on the ipad and then copies it to his notebook.

I'll send flowers if I hear about your head exploding.

But the question is?

When your head explodes? Is it a simple explosion, as in a simple division?

Or is it a more fragmented explosion, more like long division?

Oh, definitely fragmented! I have four special needs kids pulling me in a variety of directions...an objection in motion tends to continue that motion! ;)

:lol:

I have a long division app. BEST MONEY SPENT EVER! I don't know how a kid can argue with me that I didn't divide it right ???:001_huh:??? But he never gets angry or frustrated with the app.

I honestly wish I had bought it a year ago!

Here's the app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/long-division/id341041204?mt=8

Sunny boy, works the problem on the ipad and then copies it to his notebook.

I'll send flowers if I hear about your head exploding.

My kids and I bow to your wisdom! I downloaded the app today and suddenly math is FUN!!! The app bypasses both the handwriting delay and the following auditory directions issue and lets them focus on the process and the actual calculations. Since they enjoyed it, they did problem after problem and did two days of math today, largely by themselves! Now we are rolling again...my head has been saved!

:grouphug:

My kids and I bow to your wisdom! I downloaded the app today and suddenly math is FUN!!! The app bypasses both the handwriting delay and the following auditory directions issue and lets them focus on the process and the actual calculations. Since they enjoyed it, they did problem after problem and did two days of math today, largely by themselves! Now we are rolling again...my head has been saved!

:grouphug:

:party:

That app definitely would have helped in our house. Glad to hear it's working well in yours!!