Menu

SOTW-has anyone cut the binding and divided the weeks up into a binder...............

Janie

Has anyone cut the binding of the activity guide (oops, I wasn't specific!), divided the chapters up into a binder to include both teacher and student material?

I'm thinking of doing this so that I can add to my teaching material extra stuff I run across to include, a place to organize my notes, handouts, overhead transparencies, etc.

Before I go a cut the binding, I want to know if there are any caveats from anyone who has done this, and maybe regretted it!

Also, has anyone typed up the review questions for written review instead of simply using that as oral review?

Thanks!

I haven't, but the one reason I wouldn't is because dd likes to go back and re-read her favorite parts--so do I! Also, the size of the pages makes it harder to keep it organized, imo--I like all my pages in a notebook to be the same standard size (isn't that ocd of me? :)).

Hi Janie!!! (waving!)

I've always cut the binding off my AGs, but never my books. But I sometimes add things into my AG notebook between pages, and that's very convenient when I go back to that section a few years later.

My concern about cutting up the book (besides cutting up a book!!) would be that the page sizes are so different, and it seems like that would be a pain mixed in with larger pages.

I have the spine cut off the AG. I have the teacher pages and the answer key to the tests comb-bound together...for me.

I put the AG student pages in a 3-ring notebook. Before each AG section/chapter I put a piece of notebook paper with the title of the chapter printed on the top (I run the notebook paper through my printer)...this page is for the narration...the AG pages follow...I don't use all of them...some get discarded, but we use all the maps and some of the actvity pages...after that comes the chapter test, which we use as a worksheet...then on the next set...

I remove the spine from the book, too. I have that spiral-bound or comb-bound. I don't combine the text with the AG stuff as my ds refers to when he's doing his worksheet.

We usually print a neat cover for the 3-ring notebook...usually from Barefoot Meandering (Kathie Jo's site).

hth,

Robin

put the 9 weeks in a 3 ring binders. I have dividers and pocket folders in my binder labeled, History, English.. Within each category, I use the pocket folders for the worksheets or other related items within that category. We homeschool on the road at least once a week. I have my binder inside my homeschool rolling tote which includes the other books/items and I am good to go.

I had the spine cut off my AG this year and asked them to drill it for a binder. When I got home I realized they had drilled the holes in the wrong place! Argh! :eek: I took it back and they drilled the correct holes, but now I have extra holes all over the place and it just drives me crazy.

But yes, I did split it up by weeks in my big mama binder and added narration pages, project instructions, extras, and everything I'll need for that week.