Menu

quick! need chili-friendly bread

My recipes call for sour cream or, *gasp*, creamed corn.

I need a bare bones recipe that isn't dry.

I made this cornbread recipe the other day. I doubled everything except the sugar and replaced the vegetable oil with butter (used 1 stick in the doubled recipe). It was perfect, very moist but not too crumbly. The recipe for me from now on.

I always make it from scratch, like my mom = no recipe.

However, I do often add in things to keep it moist or give it a twist.

Salsa

Mexican corn

a bit of sugar

the cream corn, sounds like Grandma's baked corn recipe and it is yummy.

You can also top it with melted butter to keep it moist and yummy.

I made this cornbread recipe the other day. I doubled everything except the sugar and replaced the vegetable oil with butter (used 1 stick in the doubled recipe). It was perfect, very moist but not too crumbly. The recipe for me from now on.

The recipe I use is almost the same as the one linked except mine uses only 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tsps baking powder. Cook it just until done. It will dry out if it's overcooked.

The recipe I use is almost the same as the one linked except mine uses only 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tsps baking powder. Cook it just until done. It will dry out if it's overcooked.

I do think I could cut the sugar to 1/4 c. instead of 1/3. Consider giving the extra baking powder a try. I did think it was a great deal of baking powder (especially doubled!) but, oh my word, it started fluffing up and rising just as soon as it was mixed! It was exceptionally light and airy, practically inhaled by my family. Should have quadrupled it... :lol: