Menu

Green Tea, do you have a favorite brand?

I love green tea. Wondering if any of you have a favorite brand? And also, do you drink it hot, or cold?

I love cold green tea. The only kind I have had is that powdered junk in a can:glare:

If I steep green tea bags, how many do I need for a gallon? And do I just steep the bags and just place it in fridge to cool?

I'm partial to roasted green tea (hojicha). I just bought several different brands and am doing a taste test. My favorite so far is, I think, called Ito En; that's the only English on the box, so I believe it's the name. I prefer it hot.

For iced green tea, I've been using cheapo teabags: the brand I currently have is Golden Pak. I use about six bags in a big pitcher of hot (almost boiling) water and let it steep for quite a while; it doesn't seem to get bitter the way black tea can.

If I steep green tea bags, how many do I need for a gallon? And do I just steep the bags and just place it in fridge to cool?

I prefer warm green tea and I buy my green tea from the Japanese supermarket.

I find Lipton green tea to be okay.

I use 1 bag per cup for warm tea.

For cold tea, one bag for two cups, about eight bag per gallon in the pitcher and place in refrigerator overnight to steep.