Menu

Are American Girl dolls worth the money?

The only thing my dd asked for her b-day last year was Marie-Grace (a new AG doll). . .I'd never been sold on the price and dd doesn't play with most of her other dolls. She LOVES her. She changes her clothes and does her hair. . .Gramma always know what to buy.

She just had another b-day this month. . .she saved all of her b-day money from last year and this year to buy Josephina. . .and she loves her too.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if AG stores have big sales the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving? My dd bought my gd's Bitty Babies for Christmas and we want to buy accessories for them. They will be here for Thanksgiving and since they opened the store in St. Louis, we might try and see if they have sales.

They have a couple in-store specials but not a big sale. They don't like to run sales and when they do it's not really much off. Their biggest sale of the year is online on Cyber Monday (Monday after Thanksgiving). It's usually random leftovers but if you aren't looking for something specific, you can get some great deals. If you live in Wisconsin, they have a once a year summer sale through the Madison Children's Museum that's supposed to be fantastic (and really the only time to get a good discount on a doll).