Menu

Best place to buy eyeglasses?

I need new eyeglasses, and I'm kind of tired of paying the local independent optometrist. Is there a good place (read inexpensive, but with good quality) to buy eyeglasses on line? I have the prescription. I just need new frames and lenses. I will likely have these for a very long time, so I'm a little wary of buying from a place like Wal Mart. They will need to last.

Thanks for your help, Jackie

Zenni Optical. All the glasses in our house now are from Zenni. And if a kid breaks a frame, you can reorder just the frame cheaply and switch the lenses. Ours have held up well--dh still has his from years ago, and mine/dds only break from the influence of chldren doing things like stepping on them. :glare: Zenni has some of the flexible frames, too, and Transitions, stuff like that.

We've had very good luck with the glasses we've bought at Walmart. I usually get those, then order backups (they're kid glasses, after all) and sunglasses from Zenni. I have only needed the backups for the short times when the Walmart ones needed fixing (free for the kids' glasses, which is a bonus!)

I also vote Zenni. I ordered sports goggles or my son there that nobody else would make because of the prescription he has, and they are wonderful. So then I ordered myself Rx sunglasses and again, perfection, cheap. Now my husband and I have regular glasses on order.

$12 for fantastic Rx glasses? I'm hooked.

OMG!! They own our vision insurance... and I wondered why Lenscrafters got so expensive.

So, if you order from Zenni, or Warby Parker, who adjusts the glasses?

I just do it ourselves (lifetime of experience, lol, plus often we get plastic ones for dd and those aren't adjustable), and sometimes when we go in for an eye exam their optometrist tweaks them.