Menu

Is there a math resource

MrsMe

That would show how do to basic math (up to but not including) pre-algabra computations?

We are working on fractions. I've gone back to CLE (because I have it), but we can't always remember how to do a certain problem, like changing improper fractions to proper, subtracting mixed numbers with borrowing, etc. Some of this information is in our last year's book and with CLE it's a workbook format and there's no easy way to go back and find out how to do certain equations.

Is there a resource that would be a good "handbook" or reference for this? This is one thing I really don't like about CLE. If you forgot, good luck finding the directions and there's no "handbook" per se.

I agree with the recommendation of KTM.

I also have a couple of volumes of from Great Source, Math to Learn and Math to Know. For the upper grades, the same company puts out Math at Hand and Math on Call. Very cheap, used, and very handy.

ETA: Also, Maria Miller, producer of Math Mammoth, has some really nice videos that would be great for reference/reinforcement as well.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

I agree with the recommendation of KTM.

I also have a couple of volumes of from Great Source, Math to Learn and Math to Know. For the upper grades, the same company puts out Math at Hand and Math on Call. Very cheap, used, and very handy.

ETA: Also, Maria Miller, producer of Math Mammoth, has some really nice videos that would be great for reference/reinforcement as well.

Love these!!!