Menu

Looking for fun art activities for Kindergarten age

bttrflyvld

Is there anything out there for kindergarten art that is a truly great program with nice art projects? Something laid out like elemental science lessons with a list of needed items at the beginning of the lessons? Not necessarily lessons talking about an artist, but more of really fun, hands on art projects. Really creative and unique ones projects (not just gluing pompoms on a pipe cleaner).

Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.deepspacesparkle.com

This isn't really laid out like you mention, and I'm sorry if it's completely unhelpful, but we've enjoyed it so much I wanted to pass it along! We have done many of the things from her site and they've all been simple and turned out exactly like they were supposed to! Good results for us since I am NOT an artist! :) She has plans laid out by grade and subject. I love her site and all of my kiddos get so excited when I tell them we're doing art that day. I did make some plans last year so that we would actually do it. I printed the instructions for the things I wanted to try and had them spiral bound, then ordered all the materials at once. We're still working through what I planned last year. This year I bought the $5 Native American plans and they are so cute! Everything else I've ever done has been free, but I may buy another couple of things because we enjoyed this one so much!

www.deepspacesparkle.com

This isn't really laid out like you mention, and I'm sorry if it's completely unhelpful, but we've enjoyed it so much I wanted to pass it along! We have done many of the things from her site and they've all been simple and turned out exactly like they were supposed to! Good results for us since I am NOT an artist! :) She has plans laid out by grade and subject. I love her site and all of my kiddos get so excited when I tell them we're doing art that day. I did make some plans last year so that we would actually do it. I printed the instructions for the things I wanted to try and had them spiral bound, then ordered all the materials at once. We're still working through what I planned last year. This year I bought the $5 Native American plans and they are so cute! Everything else I've ever done has been free, but I may buy another couple of things because we enjoyed this one so much!

All these sites look great. I'm going to have to look more into each of these. Thanks for the links everyone. :001_smile:

I also suggest Home Art Studio. Last week we got K, 1st, and 2nd. Next year we'll get 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Not that you have to go through 3 a year....but my dd begged to get them all so she wouldn't miss any of the projects. She's done the first two lessons in the K dvd and loved every minute. Ms. Volin has a really nice way of presenting the lessons. The first lesson in K she talks about the primary "super hero" colors. The 2nd lesson is about mixing the super heros to create the "side kicks" (secondary colors). I also really like that there isn't a classroom of students in the lessons. This makes it easy to use a younger level. You can upload your child's art to the website and Ms. Volin will comment. Below is the 2nd lesson on the K dvd; Happy Sun.

I also suggest Home Art Studio. Last week we got K, 1st, and 2nd. Next year we'll get 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Not that you have to go through 3 a year....but my dd begged to get them all so she wouldn't miss any of the projects. She's done the first two lessons in the K dvd and loved every minute. Ms. Volin has a really nice way of presenting the lessons. The first lesson in K she talks about the primary "super hero" colors. The 2nd lesson is about mixing the super heros to create the "side kicks" (secondary colors). I also really like that there isn't a classroom of students in the lessons. This makes it easy to use a younger level. You can upload your child's art to the website and Ms. Volin will comment. Below is the 2nd lesson on the K dvd; Happy Sun.

That looks like fun.