Menu

Something as good as Reading Eggs, but for Math

Barb_

Lately I've been lamenting the loss of really good educational software. I'm still hanging on to the old stuff out of nostalgia, but none of it will even play anymore including alas! Rainbow Rock or Vroot and Vroom. Reading eggs and eggspress (sp?) have been notable exceptions to the general decline in educational, well, software and its eqivalent since the 90's. So what is out there for Math that I may be missing?

Is Matheletics like Sumdog? Sumdog is free:)

I've never tried Sumdog. I pay about the same per year for Mathletics as I do for Reading Eggs. We signed up for Mathletics when we first started homeschooling, before we discovered a good math course, and it was a real hit here. At the moment, however, none of them have used Mathletics in months :glare:.

Lately I've been lamenting the loss of really good educational software. I'm still hanging on to the old stuff out of nostalgia, but none of it will even play anymore including alas! Rainbow Rock or Vroot and Vroom. Reading eggs and eggspress (sp?) have been notable exceptions to the general decline in educational, well, software and its eqivalent since the 90's. So what is out there for Math that I may be missing?

You might want to look at k5learning.

Any of these programs for struggling math students?

I think Dreambox is good for that. It moves at the child's pace, with pretests and then various games and lessons. There's a parent dashboard that tells you what the child is doing by grade level, but the child doesn't see any of that, so they would have no clue if the game they're doing is considered below grade level. It really breaks things down into small pieces for the child to understand. I think it's a great program.