Menu

How did this work when they had other children? I'm curious to where that belief comes from. I've never read anything that suggested that. Do you know what text that your church has used to form that opinion from. Not trying to be argumentative, just curious.

:iagree:

This came from an arguments (I believe very early in Catholic church history) over whether Mary could be holy if she was not a virgin, and whether she could be considered the "Virgin Mary" if she had had other children. It is a very old debate. As far as I know, there is absolutely no evidence she remained a virgin, and quite a lot that she had other children.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some, that is the case. I never meant to imply that it always was. It's not a need of mine either, but honestly, once I get going, I always marvel that I don't want it more often.

The tips I give in this thread are just being put out there in case they apply to anyone. I in no way meant to assume there was a magic formula.

Some of you keep thinking that the lack of interest is somehow correlated to an inability to orgasm. For many, it is not. I have a couple every time dh and I dtd, but I could also totally live without it most of the time. I find it very difficult to transition from my distinctly non-sexy, non-sexual persona of SAHM/homeschooling mom during the day, moving beyond my chronic pain, and into anything that resembles a sexual being. The two are completely separate in my life.

I also prefer teA in the afternoon, and we have no chance for that anymore. Add in some hormonal issues, and the fact that dh is a stranger to me b/c we have no time together when we aren't exhausted, and I could go for months w/o it. (not that we do, but I hate the way it feels os forced.)