Menu

Will the Homeschool Police find me and turn me in?

Maisy

I (gasp!) cut the bindings off my Noeo instructor's guide and my Artistic Pursuits book and placed the pages behind the weekly dividers in my Sonlight binder.

My hands were shaking the whole time. Anyone else paralyzed by "don't mess it up" fear? It took two days for me to actually throw away the leftover AP comb binding!

I probably need therapy.

I (gasp!) cut the bindings off my Noeo instructor's guide and my Artistic Pursuits book and placed the pages behind the weekly dividers in my Sonlight binder.

My hands were shaking the whole time. Anyone else paralyzed by "don't mess it up" fear? It took two days for me to actually throw away the leftover AP comb binding!

I probably need therapy.

oooooooh, you're in trouble! I'm calling out the authorities!:gnorsi:! I'm just the same way. I get worried in case I want to sell it to someone that it will decrease the value. I had to hole-punch some posters yesterday,and I just sat there thinking about punching too close to the corner would totally ruin my poster! I did it though, and it turned out fine!

I did that with my KONOS...cut off the comb-binding (this was before it was "perfect-bound"), drilled it for 3 holes, and put the unit I was working on a smaller 3-ring notebook. In fact, my recommendation for KONOS users today is to have the binding cut off, remove the lesson plans and toss them, and drill the rest for 3 holes. How scandalous is that?!

Sounds to me as if you're a pretty smart cookie. :D

I'm just the same way. I get worried in case I want to sell it to someone that it will decrease the value. I had to hole-punch some posters yesterday,and I just sat there thinking about punching too close to the corner would totally ruin my poster! I did it though, and it turned out fine!

This was a concern for me, too. But dh asked if the inconvenience of using the book whole is really worth the few dollars difference it may cause. He had a point, so I've went ahead and done it with any books I needed to. Though for me it's cut off the binding and have it spiral bound.

I cut the binding off of my MFW Adventures manual and my I can Do All things book and put the pages in sheet protectors into a binder, I was nauseous the whole time I was doing it, :tongue_smilie: that was a first for me, but so much easier for copying, dh also says that whatever is easier for me is worth it, I figure I can sell them with the sheet protectors included and help someone else. :001_smile: