Menu

Scout Leaders / Moms - Does this sound right to you?

Our council has introduced "banded proceeds" for GS not part of a troop. This is new this year and doesn't sound right to me. This is our first year doing the fall nut / candy sale fwiw.

Girls part of a troop get 15% of the proceeds, and boxes cost $4, $6, $8 or $10. So they get anywhere from .60 a box to $1.50 a box. If a girl sold 10 boxes she would get anywhere from $6 to $15, depending on the box cost.

Girls not part of a troop get a banded amount depending on how many boxes they sold regardless of the box price, in increments of 10. It works out to about .89 a box. If a girl sold 10 boxes, she would get a flat rate of $8.90.

Does that sound fair to you? Would you talk to / complain to the council about it?

I'm not liking this banded proceeds thing at all :glare: It takes the selling incentive out of it to sell the higher priced boxes :confused:

Our council has introduced "banded proceeds" for GS not part of a troop. This is new this year and doesn't sound right to me. This is our first year doing the fall nut / candy sale fwiw.

Girls part of a troop get 15% of the proceeds, and boxes cost $4, $6, $8 or $10. So they get anywhere from .60 a box to $1.50 a box. If a girl sold 10 boxes she would get anywhere from $6 to $15, depending on the box cost.

Girls not part of a troop get a banded amount depending on how many boxes they sold regardless of the box price, in increments of 10. It works out to about .89 a box. If a girl sold 10 boxes, she would get a flat rate of $8.90.

Does that sound fair to you? Would you talk to / complain to the council about it?

I'm not liking this banded proceeds thing at all :glare: It takes the selling incentive out of it to sell the higher priced boxes :confused:

I missed our fall sales training session last night because we had a troop meeting, so I am out of the loop. But I agree. I am sure complaining won't do anything for this year. If they have enough complaints, then maybe they would reconsider it for next year.

And what do you mean the girl gets $? In the past, the fall sales always only equaled an itsy bitsy bit for the troop. Are you saying to the girl because you are Juliettes, or is there something new this year?

It is never enough that we worry much about the fall sales. We do it when we are required and buy something just to say we participated. I usually subscribe to a magazine, and don't even bother hitting up friends or family on this one.

And for those thinking it is low %, it is. The cookie sales are where GS troops make their $. The fall sales go all (mostly) to the council.